+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 40 Fathom Grotto by Curt Bowen

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

40 Fathom Grotto by Curt Bowen

40 Fathom Grotto
    Text by Curt Bowen (except from ADM issue 29)
    Just fifteen minutes outside of Ocala, the Grotto is conveniently located in central Florida amidst rolling hills covered with ancient, picturesque oak trees. Joining me on the photo session was a good friend of mine, Eric Osking, and Warren Stincer, one of ADMís dive assistants.

Click on the above image to read editorial

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: 40 Fathom Grotto by Curt Bowen

We were just there 2 weeks ago on a Saturday and it is nothing like it had been in the past! Because of the much improved visibility and natural lighting, the grotto no longer is that big scarry place it used to be. Heck, you could actually see a structure in its entirety. We went to 170 ft and did not have to turn on our lights. The bear head still exists, too but is less likely to scare the pi.. out of newcomers.

I think it's a great place for training! No rebreather support at this time and don't know if they plan on having any. But since you drive there anyway, just make sure you packed everything.

Also, if you plan on staying overnight, there are plenty of choices in Ocala.

Have fun!!