+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anatomy of a "HIT" by ADM Staff Photojournalist John Rawlings

ADM/RBW Staff John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Re: Anatomy of a "HIT" by ADM Staff Photojournalist John Rawlings

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ambrose  View Original Post
    I did too, and was interested, because they didn't find any bubbles under stress, but was wondering if John had had a similar negative test ...
    No....I have not. I shall check into it.

UTD Poster Child Nick Ambrose is just really nice Nick Ambrose is just really nice Nick Ambrose is just really nice Nick Ambrose is just really nice Nick Ambrose is just really nice Nick Ambrose is just really nice Nick Ambrose is just really nice Nick Ambrose is just really nice Nick Ambrose is just really nice Nick Ambrose is just really nice Nick Ambrose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Rawlings  View Original Post
    No....I have not. I shall check into it.
    Definitely interested to hear about it. I had mine done at the Swedish place in Seattle (Capitol Hill ?) for around $300. Very quick & painless.

UCLA was doing it for free until recently as part of a study but I think that is over now.

RBW Member lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon has a spectacular aura about lemon's Avatar
    Poseidon Mk6

Glad to hear that you recovered well! And thanks for sharing your story.

What aspect of your diving did DAN find "aggressive"? I'm curious because you said in the article that you were doing simple recreational dives.

Does DAN's assessment of your diving affect the coverage?

Thanks,
    Lemon

RBW Member recomprssd is an unknown quantity at this point recomprssd's Avatar

maybe could he could post his dive profile or at least depths/SI etc

also, heavy exertion is a great way to generate bubbles.

dave

ADM/RBW Staff John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings has a spectacular aura about John Rawlings's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Quote Originally Posted by lemon  View Original Post
    Glad to hear that you recovered well! And thanks for sharing your story.

What aspect of your diving did DAN find "aggressive"? I'm curious because you said in the article that you were doing simple recreational dives.

Does DAN's assessment of your diving affect the coverage?

Thanks,
    Lemon
    It's been a while, but I'll dig through my logs to see if I can find my specific profiles. DAN basically doesn't "like" to see divers going into deco, which I pretty much did on every dive....they define that as aggressive.

In terms of the tests that I had done, I had a regular echocardiogram performed on 8/16/2006 which appeared to show a small PFO. Then, in anticipation of surgery to correct the PFO, I had a trans-esophageal echocardiogram performed on 10/24/2006. The TEE is considered to be a far more sensitive test, and it failed to reveal a PFO.

Since then I have met other divers that have had a "hidden" PFO that opened only when under strain or pressure. I have inquired about it with my doc, and he in turn is now consulting with cardiology about it.

- John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2