+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Dead in 7 Minutes - The Importance of a Continuous Flow Oxygen Orifice

Re: Dead in 7 Minutes - The Importance of a Continuous Flow Oxygen Orifice

Surely if you have'nt noticed after seven minutes , [which after all is a long time ] you are brain dead anyway and should'nt be let out alone never mind go diving.......

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Quote Originally Posted by apitkin  View Original Post
    That's fine, but we're talking about analog rather than (or in addition to) digital representation of the PO2 on the wrist display (Predator) to give information at a quick glance.

Green is good, but are you near the top or bottom of the range? How close are the sensors reading to each other? This information can be interpreted more rapidly with an analog display than with a digital one. It's not about the color, although as Jason mentioned color cues can be incorporated to make it more effective.
    Most HUDs I dive have Smithers code to display actual PPO2 for each sensor. It is not a single glance but continuous monitoring (without having to actually look or count - it is just there at the edge of my vision and mind).
    I agree a bar graph display on the handset would augment the info for quick check of the HUD.

Prism 'prentice Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike's Avatar
    Prism

Without wanting to be a spruiker for the Prism, this does just show why some of us do consider it such a good unit.

The HUD has blue | green | red leds for under | setpoint |over - giving both colour and position information. The analog secondary - ie a needle guage is very good to just glance at the position of the needle. I know that the needle being about "there" is about right, but can look more closely if required.

Not bad for a 10+ year old unit...

Mike

Richard Huntrods sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by Mike  View Original Post
    Without wanting to be a spruiker for the Prism, this does just show why some of us do consider it such a good unit.

The HUD has blue | green | red leds for under | setpoint |over - giving both colour and position information. The analog secondary - ie a needle guage is very good to just glance at the position of the needle. I know that the needle being about "there" is about right, but can look more closely if required.

Mike
    Damn straight!

-R

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike  View Original Post

Mike
    I wonder where the idea came from?

I love the HH on my Mk15 but I really miss the simplicity of the primary light display. It's a system designed for people who want to spend the dive doing a task rather than do a dive running the rebreather.

Not bad for a 35+ year old rebreather

(Which used to be a Steam Machines test rig)

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Very interesting, Curt. Thanks for that.

Do you plan to do a similar test whilst at depth and ascending - that would be interesting (perhaps not to 0.14, though!)?

It's good to know that us non-leaky-valve divers have a good 5 mins to solve issues (longer from 1.3) before any major problem occurs - providing our depth is constant.

Cheers
    Matt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5