+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coelacanth Fever - in Search of the Living Fossil By Jitka Hyniova

RBW Member rohan will become famous soon enough rohan will become famous soon enough rohan will become famous soon enough rohan's Avatar

Re: Coelacanth Fever - in Search of the Living Fossil By Jitka Hyniova

Hi Pierre,

I'd love too but peak season here so very busy. But would certainly like to! Maybe look at next year perhaps! My girlfriend (French) showed me the Paris Match articles a few weeks ago. She was very impressed. So she would be also keen too I am sure!

not so new anymore jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Lotz  View Original Post
    I told my wife the day I find one, I'll hang up my fins...
    Pierre, you should be more careful when talking to your wife ... but promises only bind those who believe

Yes, HD video footage have been done. It should be on TV by the end of this year.
    Contacts were made with National Geographic but, surprisingly, there has not been followed. Perhaps not the right contact.

Cave Meg jitka is an unknown quantity at this point jitka's Avatar

As an update: the beautiful Kairos - the ship that took us to Tanzania to search for Coelacanths was recently lost to Indian Ocean pirates...
    But as far as I know Thierry is on quest to replace The Kairos with even better ship and the adventures will go on!!!

cheeers jitka

not so new anymore jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc's Avatar

Some pictures of the coelacanth in the National Geographic this month

RBW Member Dive Africa is an unknown quantity at this point Dive Africa's Avatar
    Meg

We are heading down to Sodwana, the 1st week of May, to go and look for ol' four legs... here is hoping.

Cave Meg jitka is an unknown quantity at this point jitka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dive Africa  View Original Post
    We are heading down to Sodwana, the 1st week of May, to go and look for ol' four legs... here is hoping.
    COOL! Please keep us updated! Don't forget to look for the thermocline - the fish doesn't like warm water. Just my 2 cents!
    Good Luck!

Cheers, Jitka

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2