+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Addis Charters Spring Diving

Mark Sumner eel is on a distinguished road eel is on a distinguished road eel's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

Addis Charters Spring Diving

This weekend Addis Charters invaded NW Florida, and the flow at the springs was up as the Floridan Aquifer shed a tear from the abuse it received during the visit. On Saturday at the Young Menís Christian Associationís Camp Indian springs Captain Addis arrived spouting his usual profanity about the lack of facilities, the hot weather, and tough diving conditions (he had to dive open circuit). While I did not witness the events as they unfolded in the stadium sized passages of Indian Springs; I can confirm that as of this writing the visibility in Indian can be measured with outstretched arms.
    To prevent a repeat of Saturdayís events and due to the greatly reduced visibility at Indian, Sundayís dive was relocated to Jackson Blue Spring. It was the shared opinion from all divers that the parks no alcohol, profanity, and firearms policy might create an atmosphere that could contain the cantankerous Captain Addis. However, things did not get off to a good start. The good captain was thinking that his gear was on solid ground verses a pitching vessel and felt it unnecessary to properly secure it. This resulted in not just one but two instances of doubles meet floor. Each incident produced an extended outburst of the perils and inferiority of open circuit equipment. Once in the water more leaks were discovered and then quickly ignored. So there we went spewing bubbles to scooter up the gold line to the Deloachís Delight tunnel. As the last one in a three man team I was subjected to Captain Addisís scooter piloting skills with the enormous SS scoot that has to making up for inadequacies in other areas. I was feeling reckless and threw caution to the wind ducked my head and scootered on through the silt. Our leader being ahead of the silt was able to see the seriousness of our situation, there were a lot of bubbles from Captain Addisís gear, and he wisely turned the dive at 3600 feet just prior to our planned destination. Seeing the turn signal I wheeled around and ran for the exit. Back at deco Captain Addis, annoyed that his computer was giving him a 20 foot stop, decided that no deco was safer than following some silly instrument, and quickly abandoned us to the fates of nitrogen. When we finally surfaced we were showered with insults for turning the dive early. With that Captain Addis opened his bottle of liquor, pulled out his concealed firearm fired several shots into the air, cursed ďI will never cave dive with you ********** again, and fled the scene before law enforcement could respond. With all that I am looking forward to the future when I can head south and take a trip with Addis Charters to brave the open seas of the Atlantic.
    Dive Safe,
    Mark

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: Addis Charters Spring Diving

SEE - I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

If people would just pay more attention to my posts, this kind of dangerous activity could be avoided. It is just a matter of time before Capt. Addis gets someone hurt badly or pisses them off to the point that they kill him.

BTW, when will he be back? I need to go diving again.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

No mention of aggravated sexual battery on an animal anywhere in that trip report. Odd. Doesn't sound like the Captain Addis I know.

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Thanks Mark for the post!!! OMG this Addis guy is a danger to himself and others. who the heck taught this guy anyway!!??
    capt addis i have a question for u, what happened to the CCR to force you to dive OC??!!
    ps please remind me never to get on any of these guys badside!! you'al are toxic
    Last edited by scubagrunt; 31st August 2010 at 06:49.

RBW Member Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by scubagrunt  View Original Post
    capt addis i have a question for u, what happened to the CCR to force you to dive OC??!!:
    can you blame him he dives an optima

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

Quote Originally Posted by Down4fun  View Original Post
    can you blame him he dives an optima

Those units are so plentiful in FL a spare is easy to come by

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by eel  View Original Post
    With all that I am looking forward to the future when I can head south and take a trip with Addis Charters to brave the open seas of the Atlantic.
    Dive Safe,
    Mark
    If self-preservation is a trait you possess, you may want to sleep on that decision first!

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by rigdiver  View Original Post
    Those units are so plentiful in FL a spare is easy to come by
    Hell, he already has 2 of them and he was still forced to go OC.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

christ, another one

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by scubagrunt  View Original Post
    Thanks Mark for the post!!! OMG this Addis guy is a danger to himself and others. who the heck taught this guy anyway!!??
    capt addis i have a question for u, what happened to the CCR to force you to dive OC??!!
    ps please remind me never to get on any of these guys badside!! you'al are toxic
    Mel, To dive at Indian springs on CCR is tough, because it is a guided dive and to do it CCR, the guide and you must be on the same rebreather and the guide must be an instructor on that rebreather, and you both must have at least 100 cave dives on that rebreather. it is tough to find someone available that meets all these requirements

when Indian is clear, it is an awesome dive, well worth doing even on OC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast