+ Reply to Thread

Thread: xlink and narked cell holder sorted

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

xlink and narked cell holder sorted

For some time I have wanted to set up my X1 and xlink to monitor three cells on my Vision. I was a little worried about changing the cell holder and kept putting it off. I took the plunge and received my forth cell holder kit from John and Brent. First thoughts were nice piece of kit and real well made.

My worries were really unfounded the cell holder was real easy to fit and did not really have to follow instructions. ( not advised ) About 20 minutes does the job. Great pos and neg from the start.

First dive today 58mt 80 min run time. The X1 running multi deco tracked the cells damn close to the vision for the whole of the dive. X1 cleared about 4 min before vision. I have the x1 on my wrist and the Vision clipped off. X1 is alot easier to see for us with fading eye sight.

For any of you who may be thinking of this mod either with x1 or shearwater go for it. Its early days but I must say it is better than I expected , calibration easy and does what it says on the tin.

So thanks to the boys at Narked for your help and a great bit of kit.

Hope this may help anyone thinking of going in this direction.

Ps xlink is fisher not hard wired

Tony

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

Re: xlink and narked cell holder sorted

Hello,

I've the same setup...
    its great and easy!

regards a.

RBW Member lyndhurst is on a distinguished road lyndhurst is on a distinguished road lyndhurst's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

thanks for the tip

I have just ordered the same kit. Pleased to hear it works

RBW Member Dragerneil is an unknown quantity at this point Dragerneil's Avatar

I too have just done this. It does work very well, and I am now also the proud owner of bottles of liquid parafin.

I have three slight niggles and I wonder what others have done?

Firstly, where the cable exits the case; have you done anything to protect it against wear / friction?

Secondly, The cable is longer than my arm. I have tried looping it on itself, in the case, and also wrapping it around my arm (this tends to slip and snag). So what are you guys doing?

Finally, if I have to take the unit off to pass up to a RHIB then I have to clip it off to the main unit, as otherwise I risk losing the X1/X-link if the Fischer comes apart. Any simple ideas for this?

As others will have already found the optimum configurations, I look forward to benefiting from your experiences.

Neil

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

I also added this to my kit and it was a great product.

as far as the extra cable goes, I always just shoved it back into the case and it stayed there and my arm pulled out enough cable for it to work.

when transporting, I always kept it connected to my SW and just clipped this around the right T-piece and had my vision clipped around the left T-Piece, seemed to work just fine...

+ Reply to Thread