+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RGBM - Reduced Gradient Bubble Model

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

RGBM - Reduced Gradient Bubble Model

RGBM - Reduced Gradient Bubble Model
    By Bruce R. Wienke, PhD and Timothy R. O'Leary
    Dissolved gas models limit degrees of tissue saturation, assuming that gas exchange is controlled by circulatory rate of delivery (perfusion) or gaseous diffusion between blood and tissue. The exchange of inert gas in the Haldane model is driven by the local gradient, which is the pressure differential between dissolved gas in the arterial blood and the local tissue tension (dissolved gas pressure within the tissue).

Click above image to read editorial

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Re: RGBM - Reduced Gradient Bubble Model

Do you have an RSS feed for all new articles? It'd be much easier to make sure I read all that's of interest.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    Do you have an RSS feed for all new articles? It'd be much easier to make sure I read all that's of interest.

Reading into on how to make RSS Feeds and chanels

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Let me know if you need help

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

In the article it states that RGBM incorporates temperature as one of the parameters for the algorithm. Have any calculations been used as a practical application of this concept?

I guess what I am asking is if any computer uses the temperature sensor to change the dive profile? I am sure this is very complicated as there are many assumptions that would have to be made. There would have to be study to understand the temperature extremes of body tissue temperatures for extremities that would vary from, lets say core temperature. Perhaps there has been study's of an acceptable range of value's that the body could sustain in the peripheries and then that could be used as extreme values. In other words, it would take the water temperature and then apply the more conservative profile based on those variances to tissue temperatures.

I am just thinking out loud here...

RBW Member Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

IDA-72, IDA-71

Quote Originally Posted by NEDIVER  View Original Post
    In the article it states that RGBM incorporates temperature as one of the parameters for the algorithm. Have any calculations been used as a practical application of this concept?

I guess what I am asking is if any computer uses the temperature sensor to change the dive profile? I am sure this is very complicated as there are many assumptions that would have to be made. There would have to be study to understand the temperature extremes of body tissue temperatures for extremities that would vary from, lets say core temperature. Perhaps there has been study's of an acceptable range of value's that the body could sustain in the peripheries and then that could be used as extreme values. In other words, it would take the water temperature and then apply the more conservative profile based on those variances to tissue temperatures.

I am just thinking out loud here...

That would be a very difficult paramerter to monitor.
    It is not about the water temparature, it is about the temperature of your body, and the gas in your body.
    A diver in 10'C water with a drysuit and CF400 insulation, will be better off (warmer) than a diver in 15'C with a 3mm wetsuit.

only worth 2c

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Pretorius  View Original Post
    That would be a very difficult paramerter to monitor.
    It is not about the water temparature, it is about the temperature of your body, and the gas in your body.
    A diver in 10'C water with a drysuit and CF400 insulation, will be better off (warmer) than a diver in 15'C with a 3mm wetsuit.

only worth 2c
    I completely agree, as I stated in my post that is why I was wondering if there were tests done for drops of extremity temperature in cold water. Theoretically your tissues will only be able to drop to a threshold degree before they become non-functioning and in that case you have bigger problems. This way it reads the water temp and adjusts for the most extreme reduction of tissue temperature based on those perameters. This is why I stated that it would apply the more conservative choice into the changed profile (the one in a wet suit in 38 degree water). Who knows perhaps it could even be user controlled and set a conservative factor for level of thermal protection once the most extreme drop in temperature is determined. Of course this is all speculation and would rely on the temperature aspect being a measurement of tissue, and it is still unclear from the article what aspect of a sample it is using when referring to Temp.

Cheers, we are on the same thought process.

RBW Member Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

IDA-72, IDA-71

Yes, It would be interreting to see the result