+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oxygen Clean - Is a Myth

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Oxygen Clean - Is a Myth

Oxygen Clean - Is a Myth
    Text by Bart Bjorkman
    Oxygen itself does not burn, but it does enhance combustion. All experts agree that in a high-pressure system containing elevated concentrations of oxygen, a standard of cleanliness called "oxygen clean" is required. Why then is it not possible

Click on above image to read editorial

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Re: Oxygen Clean - Is a Myth

What a shame..... the article stopped there!

Provocative title that made me look only to find good common sense.
    If the article then went on to discribe the methods of cleaning and verification (black light etc) then I would refer everyone to that one text on the basis that all you need to know is right there.
    Well done.

Brent
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    What a shame..... the article stopped there!

Provocative title that made me look only to find good common sense.
    If the article then went on to discribe the methods of cleaning and verification (black light etc) then I would refer everyone to that one text on the basis that all you need to know is right there.
    Well done.

Brent

We can add section 2 to the article....

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quite frankly, I do not quite get where the article is aiming at:

You must not blend at home?
    You must inspect and clean your bottel before every filling?

For me this leads more to the coclusion that whatever I do I will not be able to maintain my bottles oxygen clean anyways, so that's one of the circumstances I can't controll, so I have to focus on the remaining controlable variables temperature and gas velocity and if possible pressure (Oxygen to be first gas used in blending)...

Well oxygen clean or not, that's what I always do in any case..
    Transfilling and blending thinking nothing can happen because my bottles are oxygen clean, so I do disregard especially gas velocity would be merely stupid in any case, or was that supposed to be the message?

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    Quite frankly, I do not quite get where the article is aiming at:

You must not blend at home?
    You must inspect and clean your bottel before every filling?

For me this leads more to the coclusion that whatever I do I will not be able to maintain my bottles oxygen clean anyways, so that's one of the circumstances I can't controll, so I have to focus on the remaining controlable variables temperature and gas velocity and if possible pressure (Oxygen to be first gas used in blending)...

Well oxygen clean or not, that's what I always do in any case..
    Transfilling and blending thinking nothing can happen because my bottles are oxygen clean, so I do disregard especially gas velocity would be merely stupid in any case, or was that supposed to be the message?
    I think the key take away is that O2 clean only applies to a singular point in time... And that all components should be re-cleaned after prolonged use. Be that annual rebuild, more often, every other is up to you... But also taken in context of all your other common sense (HA!) practices when it comes to gas velocities, contamination, etc....

I keep my o2 booster dedicated - it just makes the likelihood of cross contamination that much more unlikely...

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

When I got my first "O2 clean" regulator from Oceanic that was so nicely sealed in plastic, I wondered what would happen to all that once I opened the bag to ambient air.