+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VR3 and Vplanner

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

VR3 and Vplanner

Does anyone out there run a VR3 with Vplanner for backup tables?

What are your experiences of mixing the two?

RBW Member Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit's Avatar
    Submatix mCCR

Re: VR3 and Vplanner

I do. I use a VR3 and use vPlanner on conservatism 2 to cut tables for anything below 35m.

The resultant profiles can be quite different, mainly because the VR3 (attached to one cell) gives me real time information. With vPlanner I have to assume a set point and constant depth.

So far the VR3 hasn't crapped out on a deco dive and I've dived to what it suggests plus some padding, the tables have never been needed.

I suspect (but do not know) that the VR3 will be more conservative than the tables if I do the exact profile pre-planned into vPlanner. Also, again an impression, the VR3 wants you shallow quicker than vPlanner and penalises a slow ascent. However I'm happy with this.

I've tried to find a planning program that gives the same result as the VR3 but ProPlanner is a pain to use and vPlanner is easy.

ATB
    Ian

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

This is the same experience I have had. I suppose the snag here is if the VR3 goes wrong mid way through the ascent and then you are trying to revert to the VPlanner plan where you have effectively missed some of the stops.

New Member JOHNNY4FISH is an unknown quantity at this point JOHNNY4FISH's Avatar
    INSPIRATION

We Were Diving Vr3's And Vision's And Cut Some Tables With Vplanner. Depth Was 320 For 20 Min. We Found That Vplanner Set For Vpm B/e And A Conservatism Set At 3 Or 4 Came Very Close To What We Were Doing.

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

I used to do the opposite because I did not like the stops VR3 gave me.

My VR3 is now sold!

+ Reply to Thread