+ Reply to Thread

Thread: METHOX - New technology or just wasted gas...

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

METHOX - New technology or just wasted gas...

Text by ADM Staff
    “I’ll tell you what,” Beauregard said, “The air comin outta that thing smelled like a Tijuanna outhouse, but we used it anyway. And I’ll tell you what, that day I made it to 350 feet.”

Click above image to read editorial

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Re: METHOX - New technology or just wasted gas...

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post

Text by ADM Staff
    “I’ll tell you what,” Beauregard said, “The air comin outta that thing smelled like a Tijuanna outhouse, but we used it anyway. And I’ll tell you what, that day I made it to 350 feet.”

Click above image to read editorial

Cam I buy on line and down load a fill?

Dive Junkie Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Kiss Spirit, Sidekick, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post

Text by ADM Staff

Methox is the feel good gas of 2010!

My IT recommended it for my cave class, despite some agency reservations. This is the gas of choice in the Northeast. Join us on any local boat, and I'm sure you will be able to detect the Methox in the air.

It has some serious advantages, that were not known to recreational divers. Beyond the decompression advantages, there is lower cost, less narcosis, warmer in the drysuit,, and thank you Curt, much more attractive to the consumer.

Commercial divers have been using this gas for years. Unfortunately, most recreational dive computers do not have Methox as a gas selection. This will change as manufactures stop referring to Methox as a "vudu gas". Like Nitrox Heliox, and Hydrox... Methox is just a bit misunderstood, but has it's place in diving.

Thanks Curt for brining this out in the open! Up to this point, I've been holding back. While the technology is not openly supported by diving agencies, it has been proven by divers like Curt and his crew. Only now do I feel open to express my support for this technology!

Methox in a CCR unit is out of this world.

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

I'm sure Narked at 90 could come up with a suitable adapter for the whip on their boosters.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O  View Original Post
    My IT recommended it for my cave class, despite some agency reservations. This is the gas of choice in the Northeast. Join us on any local boat, and I'm sure you will be able to detect the Methox in the air.
    yea, that is the only problem with METHOX, you off gas at the surface and more likely at the bar or when ETOH is introduced.

LOL, very good stuff, Curt! Thanks for something "light".