+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: specs for push button valve?

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

specs for push button valve?

anyone happen to have technical specs (drawings, thread sizes, o-ring sizes, etc) for the push-buttons found on BC inflators and some of today's MAV's?

thanks

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Re: specs for push button valve?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity  View Original Post
    anyone happen to have technical specs (drawings, thread sizes, o-ring sizes, etc) for the push-buttons found on BC inflators and some of today's MAV's?

thanks
    What you upto buddy?
    Send me a mail, might be able to help there.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Hello,

Narked at 90 makes some wonderful things, so he has probably already answered your questions, but just incase others need more information.

I have started on a model. It has been something I have wanted to do for some time now. I will repost again later tonight when it is complete with specs.

Is your project going to look something like this?

Here is what I have done so far on the Injector Button

Enjoy,

Kyle

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

working on a needle valve/MAV block assembly. Just need accurate specs for the buttons so I dont have to do any guesswork...

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

Quote Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity  View Original Post
    working on a needle valve/MAV block assembly. Just need accurate specs for the buttons so I dont have to do any guesswork...
    Here is drawing of my duel MAV and needle valve I use on GAF.Block is delrin and needle is Swagelok SS-SS2 turned down as per pictures. Works a treat
    Attached Images

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar

Great minds think alike!!

Kyle, here's one we made for a development rebreather, it's not an item we were ever going to sell. Golem makes one that is just great (and cheap too) and ours would bring nothing new to the market. Why compete? Innovate!
    Your CAD is so similar, its scary!!! Awesome!

Chris, that turned needle valve is fantastic. Nice job and a great idea.

Nice little projects guys, congrats and I hope you get as much enjoyment out of using them as you did making them!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba06  View Original Post
    Hello,

Narked at 90 makes some wonderful things, so he has probably already answered your questions, but just incase others need more information.

Is your project going to look something like this?

Enjoy,

Kyle
    Last edited by divetheworld; 17th August 2010 at 21:13.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM

You guys do wonderful work, as well as Golem Gear.

I originally had a through hole design very similiar to the final draft, it was not untill seeing the Golem Gear one did I finally settle on this design.

The two nubs at the top protecting the button are version 3, as my small fingers don't need as much room to fit, ver 1 was very small curving around the button with an erogonimic design. This ended up causing trouble for large hands or gloves.

I have a similiar design comming back from annodizing tomorrow, then throwing it onto the laser. Very excited. :)

Chris,

Are there two types of Inflator buttons out there?

The threads on the ones I have are 5/8 -18 UNF

Are the metric ones different threads, or are the thread pitch and diameter close enough or the same? Just Curious.

Good work :) Love the GAF

Brent - Narked at 90

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba06  View Original Post
    Chris,

Are there two types of Inflator buttons out there?

The threads on the ones I have are 5/8 -18 UNF

Good work :) Love the GAF
    M16 x 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    M16 x 1.5
    Thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast