+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The (very) Tall German

Nun auch ein Tütenatmer TheTallGerman is an unknown quantity at this point TheTallGerman's Avatar
    JJ #96

The (very) Tall German

Not sure if you knew this before but I'm the new to this place, so be kind and friendly. That said I've to admit that I do nor did not own or have even dived any rebreather yet. For now. This is going to be changed in a very few days. Hopefully.

The point is, that there are not much rebreather divers around in the middle of Europe or all of them decide not to meet me. Even worse: none of my company or any other people I know have similar minds regarding their diving skills in the future. I've also to claim, that I'm the only one around having a certified trimix/technical background (but not many experience concerning the trimix part for now). So the point is, I've dived for my self quite often to not get stucked at 40m and 40min.

In the goal to explore the quite large Bodensee in deeper places and find some old airplanes I've decided to test some rebreathers and I'm starting with an inspiration the next days. This is just a single dive to try any rebrather at all and no decision to buy this box. The other machine I've heard of is the rEvo III. From my understanding so far, a eCCR (or mCCR) would be the type of rebreather I'm aiming for.

If I would not feel convinced after trying I'm going to extend my (open system) trimix skills and stuff very much.

What do you think?
    Feel free to comment and explain your opinion wich rebreathers I should have a closer look for.

The next question would be about buying a new diving computer capable of handling trimix , so if you think this is related to my oncoming decision which type of rebreather to buy please let me know and we can discuss this as well. I would start an other thread in the next days otherwise.

Thx a lot mates and please let me know if one of you is around in the region Bodensee (Lake Constance).

PS: Keep in mind I'm German, so I do not like smileys!
    Last edited by TheTallGerman; 10th August 2010 at 20:44.

Jürgen Mod63 is an unknown quantity at this point Mod63's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Re: The (very) Tall German

Servus,

erst a moi herzlich willkommen hier. Wand amoi gen Süden fährst, schaust am Starni vorbei, da bin i, der mit derer schwarzen Kisten auf'm Buckl.

Habe die Ehre
    Jürgen

Nun auch ein Tütenatmer TheTallGerman is an unknown quantity at this point TheTallGerman's Avatar
    JJ #96

Na, desch is eher Richtung Osten. Glaub i. Aber vielleicht hab i in Geometrie auch net richtig aufgpasst.

Was taucht denn Dein Inspi (im Starnberger See)? Da habe ich ne Empfehlung für nen rEvo III Instructor, kennste wahrscheinlich!?

Pfiat di

Andy Favata CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspiration, Kiss classic

Are you taller than 182 cm? if not, your not (very) tall. Big Dave would still hold the title.

Good luck in your endeavors,

Andy

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTallGerman  View Original Post
    PS: Keep in mind I'm German, so I do not like smileys!
    You do realize that one of the Admin's (who shall remain nameless) has a problem with smileys. Let's just hope he doesn't see this.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Grüzi aus der schweiz, ich dachte am Bodensee hats jede menge techtaucher ????

Wenn du einen guten ccr/trimix computer suchst schau mal hier Liquivision

Welcome on board and enjoy your try dives.

JJ #96

Quote Originally Posted by CCR-Wrecker  View Original Post
    Are you taller than 182 cm? if not, your not (very) tall. Big Dave would still hold the title.
    I'm not here to claim any title, but to be frankly, 182cm is not quite tall. You are sure about the number? I'm not sure about the US, but it seems not tall at all when it comes to (middle/northern/eastern) Europe and I'm quite sure there are some slightly taller guys already around here. I'd recommend to look in regions around 200cm for assigning any medal...

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    Grüzi aus der schweiz, ich dachte am Bodensee hats jede menge techtaucher ????
    You could think so, but if you check the RBW user map you would just find a black hole. I do 100+ dives in the lake a year and do not see rebreathers very often, in fact around 2 or 3 on the high penetraded sites, all of them are usualy from outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure;330937Wenn du einen guten ccr/trimix computer suchst schau mal hier [url=http://www.liquivision.com
    Liquivision[/url]
    Thx, will've a look but in times of OLED it would be not the shiniest around .

RBW Member safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc's Avatar
    rEvo III, Sentinel, Evo, Inspi

Servus und Moin Moin,

Welcome aboard Tall German and good luck with your rebreather career. I'm also alittle surprised that your not seeing any rebreather divers in the Bodensee. I know a few CCR divers in that general area mostly diving Inspirations but some other machines as well. Theres even one instructor in Konstanz that I know of.

Anyway enjoy however you decide.

ATB,
    Marc

Jürgen Mod63 is an unknown quantity at this point Mod63's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Sers Großer,

I'll switch to English for the sake of all the non-German speakers here .

I know of Helmuth (haven't met him in person yet), but decided to get my training vom Timo, as he is more convenient to reach for me (I'm living in Munich). I'm quite happy with my BBOD, and diving in Starnberger See is quite nice. I'm going for my CCR60 qualification end of the month, then I can re-visit some of the nice places from my OC days.
    At Bodensee, I'm on of those CCR divers from outside, if you see a yellow and a black Inspi together, chances are that I'm the one in black.

Cheers
    Jürgen

PS - a first name would be great
    PPS - if you are looking for a computer, I can recomend a really good German build unit ;)
    Last edited by Mod63; 11th August 2010 at 09:05.

RBW Member safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc's Avatar
    rEvo III, Sentinel, Evo, Inspi

Servus,

I have met Helmuth nice guy calm and professional teaches on Inspo and rEvo as well as a few other units with ANDI and is based in Kempten I think.

Timo I've never met personally but I think he teaches Inspo with IANTD. Based in Munich. He is an experienced instructor from what I've been told

Theres also Arno Graner in Freiburg who teaches Inspo with IANTD and he works together with Detlef Eichler who is now based somewhere near Konstanz.

These guys will also know the local CCR divers if they are not forthcoming on this site.

Question? What are the German speaking members of this forum opinion of the rebreather section on taucher.net???? Any facts would be greatly appreciated.

ATB,
    Marc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast