+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New OLED o2-helium analyser

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

New OLED o2-helium analyser

Hello all,we have just taken delivery of the new divesoft oxygen -helium analysers, these are all new and the screen is now OLED, and very nice it is two.
    The operation is the same as before just looks that bit sweeter!
    Helium/Oxygen trimix analyser

kind regards john routley
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Re: New OLED o2-helium analyser

I recently used on of the "old" (non-OLED) ones for the first time, its is "SWEEEET" piece of kit, this is just gilding the lilly now...

Damn you DiveSoft and N @ 90 this has to go on my wanted list

Closed Account Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Yep, another "must have" added to my shopping list.

So John, can you clear up something about this product? In addition to being sold "bare", DiveSoft offer this analyzer in a package with ... exactly what? Descriptions of the package I've seen in various places seem to vary, and its very confusing.

Thanks.

Steve Rich stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm's Avatar
    rEvo II

Classic/Sport KISS

So does this mean you'll be heavily discounting your stock of the old style analyzers?

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    I recently used on of the "old" (non-OLED) ones for the first time, its is "SWEEEET" piece of kit, this is just gilding the lilly now...

Damn you DiveSoft and N @ 90 this has to go on my wanted list
    sorry ben, i don't mean to do it to you....but it is sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Art Greenberg  View Original Post
    Yep, another "must have" added to my shopping list.

So John, can you clear up something about this product? In addition to being sold "bare", DiveSoft offer this analyser in a package with ... exactly what? Descriptions of the package I've seen in various places seem to vary, and its very confusing.

Thanks.
    hello art, i think some people have put there own package together, there is also some changes to the case that has been used.
    we haven't stocked the full kits as very few people have wanted it, and with the long lead times on getting items from dive soft we haven't got them listed on the website.
    personaly when i buy an analyser thats just what i want, an analyser.
    having the extras like volt meter attachment and the like, is better served buy buying a cheap multi meter, i would hate to be playing with a fancy analyser when using it as a voltmeter, only to have bust it when i could have just had a cheap volt meter for £10,
    this is only my feeling on it.
    the deluxe kit contains
    analyser, professional flow limiter, connection hose, ohmmeter, voltmeter, cables, power adaptor and spare set of O-rings, watertight case

we already have cases that fit the analysers so no need for us to buy them from divesoft

Quote Originally Posted by stunsm  View Original Post
    So does this mean you'll be heavily discounting your stock of the old style analyzers?
    old stock does not exist, there is long lead times on getting the stock we have, and that will not hang around very long.

RBW Member NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

As far as extras go, the only thing that I regard as a 'must' is the flow restrictor.

The Divesoft works with a much lower flow than any other analyser I've used and it's almost impossible to regulate it with the cylinder valve. The little plastic thing that comes with the Divesoft is next to useless.

For storage, I bought a Storm Case iM2050 from Jit-Pak, but that's only to keep the device pristine as it seems to have been hewn from a solid billet of aluminium and I reckon one could knock nails in with it.

Martin Gregory Clerkin MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC's Avatar
    rEvoIII

Hammer Meg, Meg, Kiss, Inspo

Must resist
    Oh bugger

Closed Account Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Thanks, John and Nick.

Yes, among the "kit" components, its the Professional Flow Restrictor that I'm most interested in. Some advertisements for the kit do not show or mention it, and I've not seen for it sale separately (though I have not looked recently)

Then there's the connecting hose ... I've never seen a proper description of the fittings on the analyzer and the flow restrictor to know if I can use a piece of 1/4-inch vinyl aquarium hose, for example. Not a huge deal, if the hose is offered for sale separately, but again, I've not seen it, not even in combination with the Professional Flow Restrictor.

I do have a pretty nice setup for oxygen analysis, using a medical oxygen regulator modified with a DIN fitting. It has a pressure gauge and a flow gauge. I can dial it down to about 1/2 L/min or all the way up to 12 L/min (I usually run my O2 analysis at 2 L/min). Is the low end low enough for the DiveSoft analyzer?

--
    Art

John Routley

hello art, the connection hose is sold with the din restrictor,
    and we can order them in as separates, but we only have the correct amount to go with the restrictors at the moment but if needed i will split them.
    the analysers have not come with a standard basic restrictor this time, but them they are useless, so personally i would go for the din restrictor as standard.
    the fitting on the analyser is just a hole, and the hose has a small tube fitted with an o-ring that simply pushes into the hole.
    today has been a bit overwhelming with the response to the new analysers and we have sold most of the stock we have.
    so if any one wants one don't leave it to long, we had to wait a very long time to get these.

Thanks, John and Nick.

Yes, among the "kit" components, its the Professional Flow Restrictor that I'm most interested in. Some advertisements for the kit do not show or mention it, and I've not seen for it sale separately (though I have not looked recently)

Then there's the connecting hose ... I've never seen a proper description of the fittings on the analyser and the flow restrictor to know if I can use a piece of 1/4-inch vinyl aquarium hose, for example. Not a huge deal, if the hose is offered for sale separately, but again, I've not seen it, not even in combination with the Professional Flow Restrictor.

I do have a pretty nice setup for oxygen analysis, using a medical oxygen regulator modified with a DIN fitting. It has a pressure gauge and a flow gauge. I can dial it down to about 1/2 L/min or all the way up to 12 L/min (I usually run my O2 analysis at 2 L/min). Is the low end low enough for the DiveSoft analyzer?

--
    Art

RBW Member NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Most analysers require a flow rate of 2l/min. The documentation with the Divesoft suggests 0.2l/min. It will work with a higher flow, but the helium percentage will not be displayed until the flow either reduces or stops completely.

+ Reply to Thread