Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead eCCR titanium stand!

RBW Member Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

Hammerhead eCCR titanium stand!

Enrique Alvarez of Diving Marine Specialties Corp has designed a titanium stand for the Hammerhead eCCR. I own one and it is a godsend, esp. the handle on the head, it was worth the wait! He is now taking orders I believe. I took some shots of mine in my studio today and will share with you. It has a cutout for your 6 Cuft drysuit inflator bottle and bracket. I used mine for the first time on August 1st 2010, with Enrique with his rig as well, diving off of NJ on the wreck of the "Gulf Trader". Works like a charm!
    Attached Images

RBW Member Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

Re: Hammerhead eCCR titanium stand!

Here are two shots of Enrique using his HH eCCR with titanium stand. One note is this a prototype stand, and his production model is not slated to have the bottom sheet metal, just the open end, as in the studio shots in the previous post. If you demanded the bottom piece, I am sure he'd do it for you, it's just not necc.
    Attached Images

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Dan

Thanks for the pics. I agree that the handle is sweet! Titanium should help with the butt weight for many of us.

Bill
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

Two things

I know a guy who told a guy " why do you worry about building a cool frame weather its useless or useless, you should worry about the stuff hanging all around you like a christmas tree"

The same guy told another guy " are you butt heavy? then add trim weights, don't just add weight all over the place."

"with all due respect for the effort and time spent in building such a frame" He said. adding that he doesn't like criticizing people in public, but he couldn't stand that one.

Said The GUY..

Keep Finning

Mousa

Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by w ripley  View Original Post
    Dan

Thanks for the pics. I agree that the handle is sweet! Titanium should help with the butt weight for many of us.

Bill
    Hi Bill:
    Enrique will customize it for you, and make it 4" instead of the eight it is now. I don't know if there would be room for the argon bottle holder tho..
    -Dan

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Mousa  View Original Post
    Two things

I know a guy who told a guy " why do you worry about building a cool frame weather its useless or useless, you should worry about the stuff hanging all around you like a christmas tree"

The same guy told another guy " are you butt heavy? then add trim weights, don't just add weight all over the place."

"with all due respect for the effort and time spent in building such a frame" He said. adding that he doesn't like criticizing people in public, but he couldn't stand that one.

Said The GUY..

Keep Finning

Mousa
    Mousa,

Have your "friend" look at the pictures of Enrique diving the unit, or any other trained diver on a Hammerhead - you'll notice it doesn't look like a "Christmas Tree" at all.

Dan took a photograph of the back side of the Hammerhead without the Backplate, Harness or Wing on it, which gives a great representative shot of the multiple ports on the Manifold (a feature many other units most definitely do not share).

One other thing, the Stand is Enrique's invention, we had no part in its design, but as a company we applaud the efforts of innovative divers to come up with improvements or enhancements to the Hammerhead line. I believe we are unique in this manner too - many other companies void warranties if the end-user tries to modify their product in any way.

Enrique Alvarez has been around the technical diving world for a very long time, and has built many cool innovative products related and unrelated to rebreathers. To my knowledge, he is the only one out there working almost exclusively with Titanium, and I admire his work as much as I enjoy his enthusiasm. The rebreather world is lucky to have guys like Enrique.

Tell your pal to give me a buzz if he would like to discuss rebreather design. I'm always open to suggestion...

All the best,

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Does the heavy rope at the top come standard, or is that an add on? :)

RBW Member michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn is a jewel in the rough michael hearn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Mousa,

Have your "friend" look at the pictures of Enrique diving the unit, or any other trained diver on a Hammerhead - you'll notice it doesn't look like a "Christmas Tree" at all.

Dan took a photograph of the back side of the Hammerhead without the Backplate, Harness or Wing on it, which gives a great representative shot of the multiple ports on the Manifold (a feature many other units most definitely do not share).

One other thing, the Stand is Enrique's invention, we had no part in its design, but as a company we applaud the efforts of innovative divers to come up with improvements or enhancements to the Hammerhead line. I believe we are unique in this manner too - many other companies void warranties if the end-user tries to modify their product in any way.

Enrique Alvarez has been around the technical diving world for a very long time, and has built many cool innovative products related and unrelated to rebreathers. To my knowledge, he is the only one out there working almost exclusively with Titanium, and I admire his work as much as I enjoy his enthusiasm. The rebreather world is lucky to have guys like Enrique.

Tell your pal to give me a buzz if he would like to discuss rebreather design. I'm always open to suggestion...

All the best,

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.
    dont forget my titanbox kevin , all ti
    Attached Images

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by michael hearn  View Original Post
    dont forget my titanbox kevin , all ti

Ooooh! That's pretty!

I wonder what you could do with a HH and Tanks....? That would be slick!

I'll remember to include you in the "Gods of Titanium" posts from here on out, Mike.

Best,

Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by heyydude  View Original Post
    Mousa,

All the best,

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.
    Hey kevin

First by no means was the pal trying to either criticize the design nor demean any of the efforts needed to build such a setup, on the contrary it is a cool looking frame and I agree the manifolds are really sweet. So the frame is nice and for whoever needs it, I guess its a cool add on. However mmy pal isn't happy when he sees divers investing thousands of dollars on fancy extra computers aand non mandatory gear, he's not refrencing this one specifically. But now days with lots of equipment manufacturing and industries growing market. A lot of Divers are increasingly worrying about their gear and having the most up to date bits and pieces which isn't bad but I'm sure every one agrees on the necessity of good diving skills, trim, streamlining going hand in hand with safe reliable equipment.

But when divers start worrying about having the latest computer or investing on non essential equipment neglecting maintaining good dive skills, buoyancy, trim and streamlining then we need to speak. If I'm taking an open water course I won't care to have the latest dive computer or the coolest mask before I have a good grip on basic dive skills.

This raises the question, what's more important a skilled diver with essential ready gear or 2010 model diver?? My friend is not implying any sarcasm towards who built the frame nor the one who's using it, but he saw on the pictures a non streamlined
    Diver who has dangling smb's and non properly routed houses and ROPES ( what's that 4 by the way)

Divers should set their priorities, the comment was intended to the configuration of the diver not the frame nor the hammerhead or who built it, thumbs up for the manufacturer if we don't have that kind of input their will be no progress in equipment manufacturing. But divers should have proper dive skills before attempting to be up to date.

If you are implying that this dive configuration is ok. neither me or my friend have anything to add then.

KEEP FINNING

MOUSA

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast