+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: iPhone V-Planner v2.00 - sneak peek

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: iPhone V-Planner v2.00 - sneak peek

Quote Originally Posted by rossh  View Original Post
    I don't really know. I've not seen or tried his program.

Our V-Planner progams all use the same decompression engine core code, and so you will have consistent dive planning with all our dive programs. The V-Planner programs include many planning features that are specific to tech diving, and they are the most widely used planning tools today. We also have a 25,000+ dive database of real time data from the X1 with V-Planner Live.

Regards
    Ross

Always the marketing guy. You even take the time to omit the other programs name from my quote.

You really should take the time to look at his program. When I first saw your desktop program it was easy to adopt it because it was so easy to use and understand right from the start. Baltic does the same thing on the iphone platform that you achieved on the desktop. In fact it has now become my primary dive planning software becasue it is just so easy to read, modify a plan and see the effect of the modification. It does include all tech, ccr and cave requirement along with the ability to look at the profile in both VPM and Bulhman w/ GF's.

It is useful to be able to review packages before buying like you offer on the other platforms but that is not available with the iphone offering and since your pricing is so much higher then Baltic it would seem that anyone looking to get a planner as a primary or secondary planning application would directly compare what you offer to Baltic and then iDeco. You do not have to be the lowest price but the premium you are asking is significant if no additional value added functions are available on the iPhone platform versus Baltic Deco Planner.

John

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

John,

hmmmm Let me take a swing at this... I think it's well worth the $28 dollars or so extra for the excellent support and common solution accross all of the various platforms. I place "value" in that and the long term track record. It's easy to show up as the next greatest thing. Given that your only option is to price it at a lower point to make sales since that's the only thing that you have. When I bought my iPhone, I did not think twice about ordering v-planner for it give that I haved been succesfully using it on other devices..

Dive Safe!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Ross

Always the marketing guy. You even take the time to omit the other programs name from my quote.

You really should take the time to look at his program. When I first saw your desktop program it was easy to adopt it because it was so easy to use and understand right from the start. Baltic does the same thing on the iphone platform that you achieved on the desktop. In fact it has now become my primary dive planning software becasue it is just so easy to read, modify a plan and see the effect of the modification. It does include all tech, ccr and cave requirement along with the ability to look at the profile in both VPM and Bulhman w/ GF's.

It is useful to be able to review packages before buying like you offer on the other platforms but that is not available with the iphone offering and since your pricing is so much higher then Baltic it would seem that anyone looking to get a planner as a primary or secondary planning application would directly compare what you offer to Baltic and then iDeco. You do not have to be the lowest price but the premium you are asking is significant if no additional value added functions are available on the iPhone platform versus Baltic Deco Planner.

John
    Last edited by diverklondike; 19th August 2010 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Ross

John
    You could just get them all - good for checks.

But if you need to choose, Baltic has a superior interface and supports both VPM and GFs. It's the one to have.

Then if you need a backup, its a matter of whether you want VPM or GF as iDeco provides GF and v-planner VPM.

But Baltic is well done.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    John,

hmmmm Let me take a swing at this... I think it's well worth the $28 dollars or so extra for the excellent support and common solution accross all of the various platforms. I place "value" in that and the long term track record. It's easy to show up as the next greatest thing. Given that your only option is to price it at a lower point to make sales since that's the only thing that you have. When I bought my iPhone, I did not think twice about ordering v-planner for it give that I haved been succesfully using it on other devices..

Dive Safe!

Mark

Good point and definitely a consideration for some.

I would still like to know from a functionality perspective what the additional value is with V-Planner on the iPhone platform vs Baltic. The market is not so big that it would take much time for Ross to understand the competitors products and be able to explain some specifics given the fact that we cannot test or trial the iPhone program. Of course if there are no functional benefits then that is good to know also.

John
    Last edited by jkaterenchuk; 19th August 2010 at 22:01.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2