+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: California's best Wreck

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

California's best Wreck

Some fairly tight penetration on the Fletcher class destroyer off San Clemente island. It's a huge file - about 200 MB - so don't download unless you have decent internet or a lot of patience. Also I did minimal editing as I really wanted this for reference purposes for future penetration dives.

The camera was a ContourHD in a housing from these guys:

GMSconcepts

With 21W Light Monkey HID.

http://www.asainslie.com/videos/fletcherpenetration.wmv
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

RBW Member Michael Kazma will become famous soon enough Michael Kazma will become famous soon enough Michael Kazma will become famous soon enough Michael Kazma will become famous soon enough Michael Kazma's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Re: California's best Wreck

Nice video mate. Wish I could have made that last trip with you guys!

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Thanks Michael. Needed more furnurs to keep the US crowd at bay... make sure you join us next time!
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Can't wait to see it.

Don't seem to be ingrate because I love dive videos, I own a countourHD with the same housing but could you:

* Upload the video to a HD friendly video site such as Vimeo? A lot of us use Vimeo (including Curt I think) and you'll find it's the best way to post these. Also, they'll be converted to user friendly flash or MP4 for the given bandwidth as opposed to a heavy and not very mac friendly WMV file that cost you money to serve.

* Give us some basic information about the wreck (Depth, distance from shore, general location, currents). I wish most threads on dives & wrecks started with that before even posting the photos so we can know what we're going to look at.

Downloading the video in the mean time. Sorry if I am high maintenance.

RBW Member Michael Kazma will become famous soon enough Michael Kazma will become famous soon enough Michael Kazma will become famous soon enough Michael Kazma will become famous soon enough Michael Kazma's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Can't make the next trip either Just ordered a rEvo III eCCR so $$$$ is tight. But hope to make the one after that.

Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    Can't wait to see it.

Don't seem to be ingrate because I love dive videos, I own a countourHD with the same housing but could you:

* Upload the video to a HD friendly video site such as Vimeo? A lot of us use Vimeo (including Curt I think) and you'll find it's the best way to post these. Also, they'll be converted to user friendly flash or MP4 for the given bandwidth as opposed to a heavy and not very mac friendly WMV file that cost you money to serve.

* Give us some basic information about the wreck (Depth, distance from shore, general location, currents). I wish most threads on dives & wrecks started with that before even posting the photos so we can know what we're going to look at.

Downloading the video in the mean time. Sorry if I am high maintenance.
    I need to find out about Vimeo and stuff - I ahve a ton of videos that I could probably upload there. Give me time to play with that one.

The wreck is in 280 ft of water, with the top being around 230 or 240. There is a discussion of the wreck here:

Fletcher Class Destroyer

Tyler Stalter and Robin Jacoway have been organizing trips to the wreck in conjunction with Robin's company, Deep Outdoors. On the two trips I've been on currents have been pretty negligible, and vis has been incredible. Nick Ambrose (limeyx) has posted some video of the wreck as well. The wreck is less than 1/2 mile off the coast of San Clemente.

Here's some non-penetration footage from a previous trip:

http://asainslie.com/videos/destroyerapril10.wmv
    Last edited by aainslie; 29th July 2010 at 23:23.
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend

Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Penetration on the Fletcher Wreck

I don't seem to be able to embed the vimeo using Curt's instructions. As a workaround here are links to my Vimeo videos:

Last edited by aainslie; 30th July 2010 at 01:08.
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Andrew, thanks so much for the videos. I have bookmarked them on Boxee and I'll be watching them tonight in 1080p goodness on my TV.

rEvo III mini

Out of curiosity, how did you rig your H2Ov housing? Handheld ? Mask ? Helmet?

rEvo III hCCR

I just have to tell everyone how good this wreck is and you all need to dive it. My dog, Fletcher, is even named after it. Would have named one of my kids after it if either was born after my first dive on her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast