+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Gallery

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

New Gallery

OK then as a couple of you pointed out - I screwed up the gallery when I updated the software

The problem was the gallery I used was integrated into vbulletin a bit too tightly (hey it was the cheapest one I could find)

So to make sure the problem does not happen again - I coughed up for some new software (thanks to you guys that supported us with some cash over the last month or so)

So we have a spangly new photopost implementation :D

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/photopost now I will update the templates and shit tomorrow but for now all the photos and videos are there - plus it has some cool new features (just got to work out how to use em now)

Oh I *think* I also fixed the ownership of photos from the last site update back in October

Now I think all I got left to do is fix the spell checker for Mart....
    Last edited by schford; 26th February 2006 at 00:51.

RBW Member DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee's Avatar

Re: New Gallery

Stu

Many Cudos for the NEW Photo and video System recently installed in the website. It reflects your folks. dedication to excellence in the quality and service of the site.

The PHOTO part is REALLY GREAT !!...and expecially the feature where each member can have their own Photo Gallery. So far as I can tell its working fine. After a few beginning stumbles, I'm finding it easy to navigate, manage, and share with..

One favor please. The 'system' apparently assigned a wrong user / member name to 4 of My Fujikawa pics. Tha name is ' urho '. I've not found a way to delete them. Could you possibly delete them for me ?? Just delete those 4 'urho' pics. I've already re-installed new ones, along with several others, in the RB Gallery, and my person gallery.

I've not been so successful with the new VIDEO features, and I suspect others may be having problems similar to mine. I've only been able to directly view 1 of the 4 clips presently installed there (the Punte d' Negril one). I've not yet tried to download the presetly posted clips for viewing. I have on my computer nearly all the consumer viewing and authoring features for video...Windows Video & DVD, Real, and Quick Time, DvdIt, etc etc, as well as a broadcast video editing suite, which can decode, view and output most video formats. I've tried quite a few times, without success, to upload a 3 minute video clip on US NEDU SCUBA Testing, similar to the one I did for JanWillem. I think your viewers would find that one particularly interesting. I've tried in a few different formats (wmv, avi, MPEG 1 and 2, etc) and different file sizes. The info in the video posting section says it will accept them, but I've not been successful so far. In at least 2 cases, I've gotten error messages that says sorry, the system doesn't accept the particular format yet. I suspect others may be having similar problems.

What formats do the system actually accept now, what bitrates, and what file size limitations ?? I've gone from fairly large to quite small file sizes. Can anyone who has experience with the new system give any helpful input ??

Again, you've an excellent website and the NEW Photo and Video system is really great, I look forward to getting the Video portion working as well as
    the Photo portion

Cheers

Dan

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Watched the NEDU clip last night, cool. Don't know why you can't see it.

Regarding your 4 pics, I gladly delete them if you tell me where they are.
    Over 1600 images, I don't quite have the time to flip through all of them.

RBW Member DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee's Avatar

Stefan / Stuart

Don't bother looking for the 4 stills to delete.

I can view my NEDU video clip fine, but only 2 of the other 4 presently posted. I'll keep fiddling with the other 2, and maybe discover how to view them.

The present NEDU clip is low-resolution, since this was the largest file your system would accept. Part of the problem may be that I'm still on a 56K dialup modem,.. and maybe the larger sized files might have timed out. In any event I couldn't get the larger hi-res wmv files to upload.

Can either of you install a larger higher-resolution clip in place of the present lo-res one if I sent the file (~ 5 MB 235 kbps wmv format ) to you as an 'attachment' to a normal e-mail ?? If you're interested, I'd need a good standard e-address to send it to.

Cheers

Dan
    Last edited by DanDunfee; 5th March 2006 at 00:07. Reason: Add still comment at start.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Dan will sort this weekend last weekend was wedding fairs etc etc

I will set it up so we can ftp up larger clips

Stuart

Stu

Thanks for responsiveness. Please let me know when you have the video clip feature rigged to accept a larger wmv video file upload (I recommend 5.1MB min.) and I'll have another go at uploading a higher-resolution NEDU Testing clip for interested RBW viewers. I have several clip filesizes, but recommend the 5.1MB one. I got a lot of good comments from the article & photo posting (including video clip link) I did for / with JanWillem on his URL, below.

http://www.therebreathersite.nl/Semi..._sls_mk_iv.htm

Cheers

Dan
    Last edited by DanDunfee; 8th March 2006 at 16:18. Reason: Correct error

+ Reply to Thread