+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wreck diving in Lake Michigan

RBW Member scuba_phil is on a distinguished road scuba_phil is on a distinguished road scuba_phil's Avatar

Wreck diving in Lake Michigan

These are videos from the first two days. Three more day are still to be processed.

Lakeland wreck (day 1)

from Phillip Marco on Vimeo.

Gallinipper & Silver Lake wrecks (day 2)

from Phillip Marco on Vimeo.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Re: Wreck diving in Lake Michigan

Thank you. Looks god.

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Hi, look like nice diving there in the lakes. Thanks for the nice video.
    Cheers Ossi

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Who's that awesome diver in the second video?

Notes to people wanting to dive these - a) Jitka is a great captain, b) Wet gloves are a really bad idea in 38 degree water, c) a flooded drysuit is an even worse idea, and d) the hyperbaric chamber and staff at the hospital in Milwaukee are fantastic.

Nice stuff, Phil. Sorry you can't join us on "Ray"'s sub this Saturday. Hopefully I'll have some video of that to post next week.
    Last edited by aainslie; 28th July 2010 at 18:33.
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

On the fence hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound's Avatar
    KISS / Meg

I did not have a great experience at St. Luke's; that is for sure. Not sure which hospital you are talking about.

Todd Janquart vtach67 is an unknown quantity at this point vtach67's Avatar
    rEvo III hybrid mini, Sentinel

The Lakeland is one of my favorites. The Vernon would have been another good one for you to see. So many wrecks...so little time. Good to see that you had nice conditions other than the cold...you just can't get away from that. Wet gloves huh...

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Quote Originally Posted by hound  View Original Post
    I did not have a great experience at St. Luke's; that is for sure. Not sure which hospital you are talking about.
    It was St Luke's. They interfaced wtih DAN and had me doing the ride within 15 minutes of arriving at the hospital. I can't complain.
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

RBW Member RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati's Avatar

Good work on the video guys. One of these days I'll have to get up there.

Tyler

RBW Member MICHAL will become famous soon enough MICHAL will become famous soon enough MICHAL will become famous soon enough MICHAL's Avatar
    rEvomicronaut:)&OCsidemounther

Great Phil !!
    Nice video, good trip, perfect diving
    Thank You & Good luck !!
    Regards Michal

On the fence hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound's Avatar
    KISS / Meg

Quote Originally Posted by aainslie  View Original Post
    It was St Luke's. They interfaced wtih DAN and had me doing the ride within 15 minutes of arriving at the hospital. I can't complain.
    Wrong day I guess. I got a guy who was not really familiar with mixed gas diving and was essentially asking me if I wanted to do it or not. I'm no doctor! no call to DAN. I gave them my insurance card and my DAN Card. A year later I am still wrestling with them over the bill.

I should have asked them to call, but a call to DAN on another occasion landed me in Jacoby in the Bronx waiting for 7 hours in the ER and then not being treated.

It is however pain only symptoms, and always in the left shoulder which I bent badly as a kid. I thought the clock was ticking on my dive hobby, but it feels the best it has in years this year on some deeper dives.

It was much nicer sitting in St. Luke's; lovely facility. They saw me in 30min vs. sitting on blood stained ER chairs in the Bronx watching the nurses try to wait out all the guys with their faces bloody and swollen from fighting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast