+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2nd stage regulator

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Smile 2nd stage regulator

Hello my internet savvy buddies.
    There comes a time in a mans life when he needs to just do it,
    weather it's a good idea or not it don't matter just gotta do it.
    I've always wanted one, so i guess now is a good time as any.
    So i ask you net savvy people for the best place to buy a
    Poseidon Xstream Duration 2ND Stage 9/16 (that's the 02 safe one[green])
    Now when i say the best i really mean the cheape$t,
    why coz i'm a tight @$$ (the truth will set U free)
    I'll be putting it on a Scubapro MK25,
    so i know i'll need a Over Pressure Release Valve.
    It will be used as a OC Reg & i may end up using it as OCBO regin time

RBW Member Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote's Avatar
    LAR VI ,CDBA, Fenzy po68

Dolphin,Ray,Copis,Sports kiss

Re: 2nd stage regulator

IMHO choose a different 2nd stage . I found them uncomfortable to use unreliable and expensive to service.
    The 1st stages are as equally as bad .

Scubapro i think at present have the best 1st and 2nd stages . Have a look at all types in your local dive stores.
    If your heart is set on poseidons. Definatley try dive a set of xtremes before buying them.

Dean

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Unhappy Re: 2nd stage regulator

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Coote  View Original Post
    IMHO choose a different 2nd stage . I found them uncomfortable to use unreliable and expensive to service.
    The 1st stages are as equally as bad .
    Scubapro i think at present have the best 1st and 2nd stages . Have a look at all types in your local dive stores.
    If your heart is set on poseidons. Definatley try dive a set of xtremes before buying them.Dean
    Not the answer i was looking for :-(

RBW Member laphiloche is an unknown quantity at this point laphiloche's Avatar
    edo 04

I think you don't need an over Pressure Release Valve. You have one on the second stage (new one) or on the special hose

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by laphiloche  View Original Post
    I think you don't need an over Pressure Release Valve. You have one on the second stage (new one) or on the special hose
    Havin an Xtream I can confirm that.. No OPV req. will be either within the second stage or with the hose.. (of course you need a Poseidon hose with that, but otherwise hard to mount anyways)..
    What you do not necessarily need is the Duration for Nitrox use..
    BTW the Duration is Nitrox use not oxygen acc. to Poseidon (I think up to 50% or 70%) The "O2 safe one" is the white or "Decompression" I think they called it.
    Having the service manual and the explosion drawings I can tell you that there is no difference what so ever apart from a coupld of orings being EPDM or FPM (Teflon) instead of NBR.. So if you get any used one you CAN have it serviced for O2 use safely !
    Or you just use it with the NBR and take a little extra caution when opening the tank.. It's low pressure in the 2nd stage after all, eh?

Not answering your question directly but might be helpful anyways
    Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread