+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IART Trimix Certification depth limits

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

IART Trimix Certification depth limits

I have a Trimix (Level 3) OC certification through IART. What I can't work out from IART's website is what the actual maximum depth specification for this cert is.

I need it for insurance purposes; can anyone help or direct me to the appropriate webpage?

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Re: IART Trimix Certification depth limits

Quote Originally Posted by abowie  View Original Post
    I have a Trimix (Level 3) OC certification through IART. What I can't work out from IART's website is what the actual maximum depth specification for this cert is.

I need it for insurance purposes; can anyone help or direct me to the appropriate webpage?
    IART answered it for you in a previous thread for CCR (it wasn't clear from your post that you were asking for OC). Rebreather World - View Single Post - Cross Agency Training Level Confusion

The information for OC is at Open Circuit, select 'Advanced Trimix' and click on more info at the bottom of the page. The answer is 90m.

Cheers,

Phil

Supporting Member IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ has a spectacular aura about IART HQ's Avatar

Re: IART Trimix Certification depth limits

Hello "abowie"

The IART limits for the Advanced Trimix (Level III) courses are:
    G) Limits:
    • The maximum depth during training is 90 msw.
    • At least 3 dives should be conducted at a minimum of 60 msw depth.
    • Required ascent/deco time should not exceed 60 minutes.
    The Level III course is the highest Level you can do with IART.
    You’re trained and certificated for 90msw. dives. This deep limit is a safety point for the student AND for the instructor.

After you have finished the Level III course it is up to your knowledge, physiologic and psychological what kind of dives you would like to do. IART don´t have any regulations or deep limits looks like other organisations, but be aware what you can really do. Otherwise you are in gods’ hand.
    It is equal if you are 90, 100, 120msw. deep, you will have the same sh… In the opinion of IART it is not necessary to create a course for something you have done in the past. Which help you are hoping for an instructor in 120msw if your brain turns around? This kind of diving looks like flying over Antarctica. At any time you have also a PSR (point of safe return).

The result: You have to learn, step by step and that takes time. Thereafter you can handle your dives you would like to do.

Regards

Chris

+ Reply to Thread