+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

RBW Member Honey is an unknown quantity at this point Honey's Avatar
    KISS

Cool Hello

Hi,
    Would just like to introduce myself. My name is Cath and I am a fairly newly (December 2009) KISS rebreather diver.
    I have just been reading a post from Jamie about a reaction to sofnolime which I think I am suffering from myself. Need to do some more research into the matter, but I like the advive about getting rid of the dust first and putting a scrim on the inhale side. Will have to try this!
    PS I am very new to all this, so please bear with me!!!

Cheers
    Cath x

RBW Member ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Re: Hello

Hi Cath welcome to the board i'm sure you will get all the info you need on here

ash

KISS Classis/Pursuit/hud Marky Mark is an unknown quantity at this point Marky Mark's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Hiya Cath

I've some scrim I bought for mine, but never got round to using. Are you sure it's not just a cold???

MyM

RBW Member Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc's Avatar
    Megalodon

Hi Cath, welcome. Great to meet you. I am wondering what kind d of reaction you are having? I have been getting a pain in the back of my throat each time I dive.
    It lasts a couple days, with no more symptoms. It hurts a bit when I swallow. Are you experiencing this? What it the other thread you refer to in your post?
    Last edited by Stephan Mc; 5th July 2010 at 11:56.

Hi,

I never experianced the problem you are having but I bought inspiration scrims and cut them down for my KISS.

Good luck

CK#69 David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye's Avatar

Great to know there's another KISS diver in the North East

One thing I have tried (and seemed to work) was to assemble the canister then use a vacuum cleaner to pull lots of air through the can to suck out the dust.

Unfortunately, the dive store where the KISS lives at the moment doesn't have a vacuum cleaner. Might be worth a try though.

I have an inspo scrim cut down at the top of the canister in my KISS but I'm not sure how much it helps. Still get the odd husky voice after diving (but the gf thinks it's sexy...!)

David

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

I vacuum my packed scrubber every time, this removes every dust. Never had any problems after I started doing this!

Had a sore throat before without vacuuming!

Greetings, Magnus

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Welcome on board.

+ Reply to Thread