+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fitting Revodreams to a classic

RBW Member Iain third will become famous soon enough Iain third will become famous soon enough Iain third will become famous soon enough Iain third will become famous soon enough Iain third's Avatar
    Classic Inspiration

Fitting Revodreams to a classic

Hi, in response to a previous post about fitting a HUD to an Inspiration Classic (a quick and cheap solution until I can afford new electrics), someone suggested a Revodreams as an easy bolt-on head up display, and independant ppO2.

Can anyone tell me how the Revodream would be fitted and routed? It needs to get from the inside of the head, attached to the cells, to outside the loop, do you need to drill holes in the head? Or route it through the houses and drill holes in a T-peice? Do you need an extra fitting to get the revodreams out of the loop?

I assume plenty people have done this before.

Ta

Iain

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Re: Fitting Revodreams to a classic

Hi Iain,

Have a look here: Inspiration Rebreather parts, you'll find what you need to hook a rEvodream.

RBW Member Iain third will become famous soon enough Iain third will become famous soon enough Iain third will become famous soon enough Iain third will become famous soon enough Iain third's Avatar
    Classic Inspiration

I think this is the part I need.

Thanks for that.

Spacer for inhale side, to add easy a cable
    to connect Shearwater or other device without
    modification of the head or so.
    85,- €

RBW Member craige is an unknown quantity at this point craige's Avatar

Iain,

This is something that I have done.

I used a Narked@90 cell holder which has the port for the connectors to go through and the extra sites for either 1 or 2 cells.

It works really well, although I have just recently had a bit of a problem and am having to send it away. But previously it was a really good backup. It minimises the requirements to bail-out and also has a very handy HUD which I find really useful.

Any questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Craig

RBW Member jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat's Avatar
    rEvo 3 MICRO FT

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR, MEG 2.01

Ian-- this new Flow Chart is very, very helpful whilst programming the rEVOdream. Not sure if you noticed it as it is new..

http://www.revo-rebreathers.com/char...dream%20NG.pdf

Best,

John

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Iain,
    I have an Inspo classic that I use a Revodream on as a HUD/spare PPO2 display on a stand alone 4th cell.
    There are a few ways to do this.
    Do you want to use the revodream with 1 or 2 cells?
    Do you want to piggy back the existing cells? or do you want to add an extra cell or 2 to the unit?

If you already have molex cells then it's easy to piggyback 1 cell using a "y" cable and add a 4th cell to run the 'dream on 2 cells (or 1 standalone cell). I used an APD Classic 4/5 Cell Holder from Narked@90, it replaces the standard inspo cell holder and makes changing the cells a tool free job.
    If you have coax cells then you'll need a special "y" cable made or run the 'dream from an additional (molex) cell.
    The last thing to note is that the gland supplied on a 'dream is PG7 and all the cell holders you can buy are metric. You can force a PG7 gland to do up into the metric thread. But I would recommend buying a metric cable gland with the cell holder.
    Unfortunately I can't take any photo's as my 'dream is currently holidaying on a rEvo III, because a friend has a dodgy connector on her 3 cell computer.
    HTH
    Simon A
    Last edited by Simon A; 28th June 2010 at 20:37.

RBW Member craige is an unknown quantity at this point craige's Avatar

I have changed my rEvo connectors to co-ax. Just got some co-ax connectors from narked @ 90 (same place as the 4/5 cell holder) and took off the old molex ones. This way can use my slightly older cells and keep the true redundancy with the rEvo. You can use either one or two cells.

I am not sure about piggy-backing onto other cells. This means that there is a link and so not completely redundant. It may be possible for the fault on the classic electronics to affect the reading on the rEvo.

Just my thoughts. I did think about piggy-backing. But ended up keeping it separate and using slightly older cells.

Works really well.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craige  View Original Post
    I have changed my rEvo connectors to co-ax. Just got some co-ax connectors from narked @ 90 (same place as the 4/5 cell holder) and took off the old molex ones. This way can use my slightly older cells and keep the true redundancy with the rEvo. You can use either one or two cells.

I am not sure about piggy-backing onto other cells. This means that there is a link and so not completely redundant. It may be possible for the fault on the classic electronics to affect the reading on the rEvo.

Just my thoughts. I did think about piggy-backing. But ended up keeping it separate and using slightly older cells.

Works really well.
    When I've run the 'dream on 2 cells I've always piggy backed 1 cell and accepted that it could be taken out if the classic electronics go "funny". With the next gen version all I need to do is tap the 'dream and I know I'm getting the independent cell reading 1st.
    But TBH in real life I'm now running the 'dream off one independent cell.
    The probability of the setpoint controller, and the 4th cell going wrong at the same time is "low".
    HTH
    Simon A

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iain third  View Original Post
    I think this is the part I need.

Thanks for that.

Spacer for inhale side, to add easy a cable
    to connect Shearwater or other device without
    modification of the head or so.
    85,- €

I'd go for the Narked at 90 webshop option mainly because it was designed with to take the rEvoDream as well as VR3 cables , shearwater HUDs etc...

As the cell holder replaces the inspo holder there are less additional failure points than the option you've posted.

RBW Member DennisA is an unknown quantity at this point DennisA's Avatar
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A  View Original Post
    When I've run the 'dream on 2 cells I've always piggy backed 1 cell and accepted that it could be taken out if the classic electronics go "funny". With the next gen version all I need to do is tap the 'dream and I know I'm getting the independent cell reading 1st.
    Do you use resistors when you piggyback or just mount them with a coax t-piece without any isolation?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast