+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Activating the sorb on a CCR Bail out Rebreather

Rebreather numpty aplord has a spectacular aura about aplord has a spectacular aura about aplord has a spectacular aura about aplord has a spectacular aura about aplord has a spectacular aura about aplord's Avatar
    APD Evo+

Re: Activating the sorb on a CCR Bail out Rebreather

Quote Originally Posted by kopaz  View Original Post
    A: You can never be completely sure. You just accept the risk at some point.
    Yes that's where I get to too. For me, bailout (including a BOB if I ever get into really scary diving), BOV and training/practice for those "oh sh1t" moments are the appropriate and sufficient risk minimisers/managers, because a pre-breathe, no matter how long, can't prove that the rig will keep you alive once you slip below the surface. I suppose the risk management judgements become more interesting if your only bailout is a BOB, which itself cannot through pre-breathing be assured to keep chugging on in a bailout situation.

RBW Member anarchista is an unknown quantity at this point anarchista's Avatar

Re: Activating the sorb on a CCR Bail out Rebreather

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    if the temperature of the water is not extremely low, high performance sorb is active from the very first breath
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepB  View Original Post
    so why do we all learn to prebreathe at least 5 minutes?
    The problem is much more complicated.
    Even the new lime reputable company Draeger passed at the beginning of work-related bnie little CO2, it is typical for lime soda with a higher content of NaOH. Other behavior of soda lime is a smaller amount of NaOH. What can be observed in other charts. That are also affected by moisture on the properties of lime scrubber. Data are from the book "Soda Lme to Military Applications" Ministry of Defence, Commander Prof. Ryszard Klos.
    The emergency equipment is not used in the initial respiration that uses soda lime as well as KO2 oxygen generating mass.

greet rc (pozdrawiam rc)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by anarchista; 14th April 2011 at 09:52.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5