+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm ready

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Re: I'm ready

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post
    Thanks for the clarification! Still going to continue down this path.

Franco
    Enjoy

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoC  View Original Post
    Thanks for the clarification! Still going to continue down this path.

Franco
    I share his concerns. But not just from the aspect of travel. It's true that travelling with a rebreather is a lot more involved than open circuit gear. You can always rent doubles, or at least 2 singles and twin them up with an inexpensive and easy-to-pack twinning system. But traveling with a rebreather usually involves transporting sorb and often tanks as well.

But my other concern is that you are moving away from NJ to a place where diving is not optimum. Does that mean there is limited opportunity for diving? That's not the best time to get into rebreather diving. The key is to dive your rebreather ALOT. You must practice skills and build muscle memory. Rebreathers are not the kind of thing you can put away and dive every 6 months. They need attention and practice.

Ken

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I share his concerns. But not just from the aspect of travel. It's true that travelling with a rebreather is a lot more involved than open circuit gear. You can always rent doubles, or at least 2 singles and twin them up with an inexpensive and easy-to-pack twinning system. But traveling with a rebreather usually involves transporting sorb and often tanks as well.

But my other concern is that you are moving away from NJ to a place where diving is not optimum. Does that mean there is limited opportunity for diving? That's not the best time to get into rebreather diving. The key is to dive your rebreather ALOT. You must practice skills and build muscle memory. Rebreathers are not the kind of thing you can put away and dive every 6 months. They need attention and practice.

Ken
    Ken,
    I dive the wrecks off the Jersey coast. You're from NJ, where else is diving "optimum" Moving to Dallas, but that doesn't mean that there's no diving there. lol It just means that the kind of diving I'm accustomed to isn't as readily available as it is now with only 1hr drive to either Brielle or Belmar and hop on a boat. I never said that I'd only dive every 6 months so how bout not adding to the pot. As for traveling, my thoughts were in traveling either to the Gulf (by air, because it's about 5 1/2 hr by car) or back to NJ sometimes. Other than that, there's inland diving in and around Dallas (or north or south). Thanks for sharing your concerns though

Franco

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

No reason to get snippy. Diving is "optimum" wherever you can get wet often. That's why I asked you to clarify what you meant by not being optimum. Even being near a quarry where you can get down 30 feet every week is fine. My point was if you think your diving will be severely curtailed, that is not a good time to start with a rebreather.

And you'll have to learn to say "How 'bout dem Cowboys".

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    My point was if you think your diving will be severely curtailed, that is not a good time to start with a rebreather.

And you'll have to learn to say "How 'bout dem Cowboys".
    Thanks Ken.
    Agreed on 1st part of your above quote. However, the 2nd part will never happen.

Franco

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2