+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skype Integration

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Skype Integration

So no doubt that you all know about Skype (Pronounced like type but with a sk)

It allows you to make crystal clear voice calls from PC to PC for free - or from PC to any phone for the cost of a local call (international calls are routed over the net to end destination then use local circuits so keeping costs down)

You can even get proper phones including cordless that work with Skype and just plug into your USB! You can then choose whether to make a PSTN or a Skype call.

You can even get a Skype phone number - eg although I am in the UK I could get a number in California for a few dollars so that my friends there could call me on that for a few cents and it would route through the net to my home Skype phone.

I do ramble on some times don't I! - Any way the site now has the latest upgrade and is all hooked into Skype - if you look on the left you can see my little Skype icon, click on it and you can see if I am online and can send me an instant message, or call me, or leave me a voice mail etc...

Just a point to note that for the online integration to work - you must be running the very latest Skype which was only realised on the 8th of Feb - so go upgrade and play! You must also allow people to see your status on the web - you do this under Tools > Options > Privacy. Oh and of course you need to fill in your skype name in your profile!

Software is available for the PC, Mac, Linux and even pocket pc's - I might have to install it on my little HTC wizard!

Well let me know if you have any problems.

Stuart

PS If you need it the web site is http://www.skype.com
    Last edited by schford; 22nd February 2006 at 18:24.

+ Reply to Thread