+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A "Krauts" Florida vacation Aug2010

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

A "Krauts" Florida vacation Aug2010

Hi all,

this summer in Aguts I will come visit Floriday with my wife.
    My wife is not into diving too much so I will not be able to dive every day as I would like to.
    I will stay for a week starting from Miami up to the Orlando/Lakeland region to visit some friends there. I plan to do about 2 days (2 dives a day) there in some rivers/springs/caverns.
    Then we will depending on the oil situation head down south towards the keys or stay at the Atlantic coast heading south. There I would like to do another day of diving maybe two (depends on the scheduling and the mood of my wife ;) )

First of all I am considering whether it is worth to bring my Inspo along.. I would be able to bring the Inspo and sorb but I would have to get tanks for it and I would have to carry it around in the trunk of a car and cheap Motels all along so I am also concerned about the safety of the gear.
    So my tendency is not to bring it and dive OC unless you guess tell me it would be a MUST to bring

So the other option (the most likely one) is that I bring my OC stuff (regs, Wing, Suit, Fins etc.). Does anyone here have any tipps where I can do some nice OC diving where I will not be asked to finish within 35 min and asks me to stay shallower than 60 feet?
    For my OC background: I am IANTD ART with some experience in exceeding the cert limits a bit in terms of Decompression times and END.. I would not be looking to do a real "technical" dive but some "extended" recreational dives on air or a soft EAN (e.g. 28).
    So if someone has recommendations for spots and shops which offer that in the descirbed areas I would be very happy.
    If that'd be at a reasonable price (US charges of 70/80 bucks per 2 tank dive are quite scary to us Krauts in comparison) I would even be celebrating

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: A "Krauts" Florida vacation Aug2010

The reefs on Riviera Beach and Boynton Beach area are nice. I can recommend the "Little Deeper" out of Riviera Beach. Lynn is nice to deal with and her phone is 561-436-5299. The dives are typically one hour or so and the reefs are around 90+feet or shallower. The wrecks are at about 100 ft. Underwater Explorer out of Boynton Beach will take you to wrecks which are around 100 feet and the reef has an inside (60s ft) and outside (80s ft). Kevin runs that operation and is pretty easy going. I have done 75 minutes with him and he had no problem. his number 561-577-3326.

Went diving this weekend and saw lots of turtles (loggerheads and green), bull sharks, nurse sharks. Lots of rays etc.

I think you will have fun and I hope this helps::))

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Sounds interesting.. Thanks so far
    60 min on a 80 cft tank would be perfect..
    or do they only provide 70cft ?

Any idea on pricing? Also per PM

Also info on the springs in Lakeland vicinity would be great.
    I would love to avoid a typical snorkeling manatee tour..

Both places charge $65 for a 2-tank dive. You can get 80's from both and Kevin can give you 100 cft with nitrox. If you want to book with Kevin, you can check out the schedule and other information on "diveboyntonbeach.com". I think Lynn also has bigger tanks if you are interested. You can check out Lynn at "littledeepercharters.com" but make any reservations with her by phone.

I cannot help you with Lakeland. We usually dive in Ocala area. Hope you get that and more from the other members of this forum::)) Good luck and happy diving

RBW Member diverchris is an unknown quantity at this point diverchris's Avatar
    Inspiration with Vision

Another place to consider is Conch Republic Divers in the Keys. They have full support of CCR diving ie tanks, sorb and a booster. They can also assist with other tank options. They run trips to 4 wreck all no deeper than 130ft, 35m.

They can be reached at 1800274 DIVE.
    I highly recommend them. Also if you went to CRD you could also visit Key West to make your wife happy as well

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diverchris  View Original Post
    Another place to consider is Conch Republic Divers in the Keys. They have full support of CCR diving ie tanks, sorb and a booster. They can also assist with other tank options. They run trips to 4 wreck all no deeper than 130ft, 35m.

They can be reached at 1800274 DIVE.
    I highly recommend them. Also if you went to CRD you could also visit Key West to make your wife happy as well
    The owner also dives an Evo. So, I am sure that you will be able to get tanks, fills and sorb from there. There is also Silent World in Key Largo, and they support CCR also.

Pompano (Broward) has solid support at Fill Express. Miami has support at Ocean Safari (though would have to check on sorb and supporting tanks).

Though it is way overdue for updating, you might also want to check in the SCRUB area listing boats and some shops that support CCR.
    Last edited by ScubaDadMiami; 22nd June 2010 at 04:40.

rEvo III rms

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    I cannot help you with Lakeland. We usually dive in Ocala area. Hope you get that and more from the other members of this forum::)) Good luck and happy diving
    Ocala works well too..
    I'll be staying in Tavares close to Leesburg, so Lakeland, Ocala area are about the same distance..

rEvo III rms

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    Though it is way overdue for updating, you might also want to check in the SCRUB area listing boats and some shops that support CCR.
    Thanks, already had a look at that.
    As I said initially, I very likely leave the Inspo at home.. Might bring the Dolphin though for easier logisitics and less headache leaving it in the car..
    But most likely is me going OC..
    Since the list is clearly CCR aimed it does not feed my purpouse at the moment, even when it is a great list (outdated not to be judged by me )

For taking the Inspo as said earlier it really needs veery convincing arguments

rEvo III rms

Quote Originally Posted by diverchris  View Original Post
    Also if you went to CRD you could also visit Key West to make your wife happy as well
    Sure thing.. That's number one aim to get to key west, but only if there is no oil by that time
    Apart from that my wife HAS to be happy anyways, because the week after the trip throughout Florida we will head to the carribbean on a cruise from Miami..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast