Closed Thread

Thread: Sharm el Sheikh Domina Coral Beach Aquamarine Hotel

Dalış Bahane Alem Şahane teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali's Avatar

Sharm el Sheikh Domina Coral Beach Aquamarine Hotel

I have just a few comments on the this hotel.

I got the chance to visit sharm for a couple of days. No RB diving just some OC and I stayed at Domina Aquamarine hotel. It was cheap and for the price it was ok. The service was a bit lousy but I suppose that is to be expected. Oh and if you go to this particular hotel. Do NOT get the all inclusive option (which costs 24 euros per day) because the food is simply UNEDIBLE. We werent expecting much just food, even the bread and cheese was unedible. Ended up eating a bit of pasta, and bread with feta cheese and cucumbers. The drinks were also miserable. All the cocktails etc were made with such cheap components that it was just unenjoyable. They do have OK egyptian beer thogugh. If you end up there then go to the Old City center (it is not named that because it is old but because they have smoewhat decorated it as old and are selling faronic junk) and eat there, it will end up being cheaper. Dont get the taxi from the hotel, walk outside and bargain a bit then you get half price (7 usd instead of the 14 usd they charge at the hotel).

Be aware of the natives. They try to suck you in to the shops and sell you overpriced stuff. you have to be good at bargaining. If they say something costs 130, then you can get it for 30 after 10 minutes of bargaining. The whole country is like this and constant struggle not to be ripped off can become very tyring after a day or two.

The diving at the hotel was a bit expensive in my opinion. They charge 35 euros per shore dive with a guide. And 70 euros for 2 dives off a boat. If you stay for longer than a day then you would probaby get a discount aswell. Renting equipment daily costs about 30 euros. Going to Trislegrom is another 60 euros extra. The guides and personnel are generally plesant people.

I asked if they had pure O2. They said that if I ordered it they could get it. So not really somewhere that is rebreather aware/friendly.

Oh and the Domina hotels group is farily big, they have little shuttles running inside the place and it can take about 10-15 minutes to get from one place to another.

Teoman

i ko nix dafüa seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu's Avatar
    sf 1,?

jj,mccr-inspi,classic,rgfüm

Re: Sharm el Sheikh Domina Coral Beach Aquamarine Hotel

hi
    remember egypt is not fare away from afghanistan.
    btw,orca is allways a good option

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by teomannaskali  View Original Post
    IBe aware of the natives. They try to suck you in to the shops and sell you overpriced stuff. you have to be good at bargaining. If they say something costs 130, then you can get it for 30 after 10 minutes of bargaining. The whole country is like this and constant struggle not to be ripped off can become very tyring after a day or two.
    that's an interesting "complaint" statement from somebody living in Turkey

Heard some Germans saying the exact same thing after a holiday in Turkey quite often
    Last edited by Nitrogenius; 20th June 2010 at 18:38.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Tourist lol cant take em no place ..

Dalış Bahane Alem Şahane teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali is just really nice teomannaskali's Avatar

:D:D:D:D

If even I found it to be like that then you can imagine how it is.

You really have to visit both places to understand.

I really dont think that the locals in Turkey would put you on a bus to the wrong city just to leach 3 pounds off you. But then again you find the odd b*****d anyhwere in the world. Could have been just my luck.

I think that once any "good for nothing person" anywhere in the world has tasted tourist money they will become agressive and just a general pain in the arse. I have seen these kinds of pepople all over the world. Germany, Finland, Russia, UK, Turkey, Eygpt, France, Belgium. What usually changes is their overpricing factor. The really successfull ones can make you feel like you are leaving with a good deal aswell.

Anyhow the aim of the tread is not to complain about Egyptians, I had a good time and I intend on visiting Sharm again. The reason i wrote was to say that dont waste your money on the food at Domina Hotel, and to give an idea of the prices for scuba at the hotel and a hint at what you can bargain to (%) at the city.

Teoman

Closed Thread