+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Inon Z-240's, you like?

Supporting Member dbramley is on a distinguished road dbramley is on a distinguished road dbramley's Avatar
    Kiss Classic #371

Re: Inon Z-240's, you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Six  View Original Post
    Can you point me to a source in the US for the knob extensions? I've only seen them on a UK site so far.

I've recently gotten my first 240 after years of Ike strobes and am happy to have made the switch.

Backscatter

Backscatter :: Underwater photo :: lighting :: Parts & Accessories :: Knobs

Dan

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Do I like..... NO

I LOVE them

Regards,

Lance

Capt/ Instructor
    tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1's Avatar
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

! I had no idea these existed! A desperately needed upgrade!
    -Capt Tom McCarthy
    Stone Rust | East Coast Wreck Diving
    SF2 | rEvo
    Training | Charters | Equipment

RBW Member Bazzer is an unknown quantity at this point Bazzer's Avatar
    DRÄGER Atlantis/Dolphin mix

Been using the Z240’s pretty much exclusively for about 5 years now. Just had my first one fail for reasons other than my own stupidity. I use a pair for macro and wide angle for most lenses up to and including the Nikon 18mm. I add a third or forth when I use 180 degree fisheye lenses. They are among the most reliable, robust, and effective tools that I’ve ever owned.

Reef Photo in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a dealer, and they do repairs in house.

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

I had the YS-250pro a year ago, it was very bulky, the sync cord sometimes doesn't work with the TTL connector, it misfired several times missing my shots, and I just sold it and never looked back.

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

I have used the Ikelite DS strobes for years and have just recently bought two Z-240 Inons. While the ikelites never missed a beat it is really easy to fall in love with the Z-240's. My only niggle was the smaller knobs and using them with thicker gloves made things a little tricky. So when I too saw this post I just bought a few from Backscatter!!! job done!

Enjoy them.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by tmccar1  View Original Post
    ! I had no idea these existed! A desperately needed upgrade!

RBW Member Venomguy is an unknown quantity at this point Venomguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Envy  View Original Post
    OK, I've heard from some of you on other threads but thought it might be more sucessful to target Inon owners specifically in the title ... are there any Inon owners out there we haven't heard from? Do you like your Z-240's? How deep have you taken them... any issues? I'm also curious if there have been any issues with repairs for US owners since Inon america closed it's doors, where do you get them serviced now? I have sea and sea ys 250 strobes and am happy with them but am wondering if I shouldn't consider the Inons instead while the 250's are still essentially brand new and resalable since the Inons are rated for the depths I am beginning to dive.

Regards,
    George
    I have 3 Inons but would not recommend them to anyone, they are heavy in Saltwater, had issue with Oring stretch, which Pinch on the battery compartment, and controls are made for midget fingers. This is a major issue as you change batteries each day. I also have a Sea &Sea strobe which is a far better system.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Venomguy  View Original Post
    I have 3 Inons but would not recommend them to anyone, they are heavy in Saltwater, had issue with Oring stretch, which Pinch on the battery compartment, and controls are made for midget fingers. This is a major issue as you change batteries each day. I also have a Sea &Sea strobe which is a far better system.
    I've been using both my Inon Z-240s for the last 5+ years, and I do re-charge the batteries before each dive - My replacement o-rings are still in my spare parts kit, because the original o-rings are still in perfect condition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2