+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inon Z-240's, you like?

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Inon Z-240's, you like?

OK, I've heard from some of you on other threads but thought it might be more sucessful to target Inon owners specifically in the title ... are there any Inon owners out there we haven't heard from? Do you like your Z-240's? How deep have you taken them... any issues? I'm also curious if there have been any issues with repairs for US owners since Inon america closed it's doors, where do you get them serviced now? I have sea and sea ys 250 strobes and am happy with them but am wondering if I shouldn't consider the Inons instead while the 250's are still essentially brand new and resalable since the Inons are rated for the depths I am beginning to dive.

Regards,
    George

Gill Envy

RBW Censor Bait teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple's Avatar
    Mk 15.5

Mk 15, Classic & Sport KISS

Re: Inon Z-240's, you like?

I bought my Inon Z240's specifically for the depth rating. They have worked fine for me well past 400 feet. Plus they are easy to travel with while having a very respectable guide number. I do wish the color temperature was a wee bit warmer, though.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Inon Z-240's are some of the best all-around strobes. True the YS-250's are more powerful, but the Z-240 is about a 1/3rd of the size, making it appealing for those who travel. I own and use them personally, and really have no desire to switch to anything else.

Don't be fooled by all the internet hype of Inon America closing. Inon are still widely available through the US - Inon simply changed how they distribute. Now we deal directly with Japan. Service is now done at the retail level in the United States, and if it can't be fixed here, it can't be fixed.

As far as color temp they seem in-line with every other strobe except Ikelite. Shoot raw and color correct in post.

And if anyone wants to give a real pressure test to a Z-240 (sub 100m,) I have some Z-240 cases we can try it out on. I would do it, but our pressure pot maxes out at 200 feet.

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Thanks guys, it's reassuring to know that there is local service for them... and that they have been taken to 400. Anyone know what they have been tested to by the manufacturer. I've heard/read more than once that Sea And Sea has tested the YS-250's to 300.

The color of the light is less of a worry, as mentioned it can be corrected.

Also, I found This Comparison on backscatter to be "illuminating" (ha!).

thanks again for your input.

g

Gill Envy

RBW Member Alexx is an unknown quantity at this point Alexx's Avatar
    Megalodon

I use Inon`s for 3 years now... No issues, always worked perfect, depth rating is 90 but they went over 105 meters. Compact for traveling.

Supporting Member dbramley is on a distinguished road dbramley is on a distinguished road dbramley's Avatar
    Kiss Classic #371

They are the best, 100m and easy to use in manual mode (you can get Knob extensions) when using gloves.

Always work great, especially when you remember to put the batteries in!!!

Dan

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

I have 4 Z240's never had a single issue with the.

Damien Siviero betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154's Avatar
    Meg

Pathfinder, Inspo, Kiss, MKVI

Z240 size is great. I've taken them down to 120-130m a few times with no issues, heaps of 100m ish dives too.

Size, weight, output seems the best compromise in my view. I prefer ikelite colour temp and simplicity though.

New Member Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Envy  View Original Post
    ... are there any Inon owners out there we haven't heard from? Do you like your Z-240's?
    Hello George,

I have flogged 2 Z240s for 3 years now. Love em. Small, reliable, depth capable (fine at 90m), real fast recycle. The power thing is simply not an issue. They are way powerful enough (I use two)... and I almost never use full power. One of the nicest features for me (I shoot totally manual no matter how many bells and whistles the camera has) is the very progressive output adjustment in manual mode. You really can get your lighting exactly right.

Warm regards,

Simon M

RBW Member Deep_Six is an unknown quantity at this point Deep_Six's Avatar
    Mk15.5

Meg, rEvo, KISS, Dräger

Quote Originally Posted by dbramley  View Original Post
    They are the best, 100m and easy to use in manual mode (you can get Knob extensions) when using gloves.

Always work great, especially when you remember to put the batteries in!!!

Dan
    Can you point me to a source in the US for the knob extensions? I've only seen them on a UK site so far.

I've recently gotten my first 240 after years of Ike strobes and am happy to have made the switch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast