+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to Rebreather World, Not to Diving. :-)

DiveEngineer DiveEngineer is an unknown quantity at this point DiveEngineer's Avatar

New to Rebreather World, Not to Diving. :-)

Hey everyone!

My name is Josh de Monbrun. I'm a PADI Divemaster, Commercial Mixed Gas Diver, and Scientific Research Diver. I've been diving since 1996 when I was 13. Currently I'm studying Ocean Engineering M.S. at the University of Rhode Island. During the summers I try to find commercial dive work to help pad the blow of the expenses of being a grad student AND avid diver... Haha... Not so much luck there, I know. I don't think it would matter how much money I would make during a break, it'd still be all spent on dive gear and travel expenses!

Anyway, the reason that I'm getting on here is because I am very interested in continuing on with my certifications in the Technical Diving world, and numero uno in my mind are the amazing CCR's. With the engineering background I come from, I'd love to tear into these things and learn exactly how they work, and with my dive background, I'm even more excited about taking one underwater! I really want to become as well versed in this technology as possible. I've focused my life into the dive world and the technologies therein, and I can't wait to start this next journey into furthering my education and training.

Did you guys see that amazing video clip of the 200 meter dive on the rEvo III's!?!?!?! SIGN ME UP!!!!

I'm going to die broke with hundreds of thousands in gear and a library full of stories and photos!

Thanks everyone, and I'm sure I'll get to know you all very soon!

Josh

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Re: New to Rebreather World, Not to Diving. :-)

Hi Josh,

Welcome aboard!

Cheers,

Phil

RBW Member ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Welcome to RBW mate!

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Quote Originally Posted by DiveEngineer  View Original Post
    Hey everyone!

My name is Josh de Monbrun. I'm a PADI Divemaster, Commercial Mixed Gas Diver, and Scientific Research Diver. I've been diving since 1996 when I was 13. Currently I'm studying Ocean Engineering M.S. at the University of Rhode Island. During the summers I try to find commercial dive work to help pad the blow of the expenses of being a grad student AND avid diver... Haha... Not so much luck there, I know. I don't think it would matter how much money I would make during a break, it'd still be all spent on dive gear and travel expenses!

Anyway, the reason that I'm getting on here is because I am very interested in continuing on with my certifications in the Technical Diving world, and numero uno in my mind are the amazing CCR's. With the engineering background I come from, I'd love to tear into these things and learn exactly how they work, and with my dive background, I'm even more excited about taking one underwater! I really want to become as well versed in this technology as possible. I've focused my life into the dive world and the technologies therein, and I can't wait to start this next journey into furthering my education and training.

Did you guys see that amazing video clip of the 200 meter dive on the rEvo III's!?!?!?! SIGN ME UP!!!!

I'm going to die broke with hundreds of thousands in gear and a library full of stories and photos!

Josh
    Hi Josh,
    welcome on board. Have fun on rebreatherworld and I think, no I' m sure that You will find a lot of information about diving without bubbles.
    Cheers from Italy
    Ossi

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Welcome on board.

Cave Addict CCR Josh is on a distinguished road CCR Josh is on a distinguished road CCR Josh's Avatar
    HammerHead

Sentinel-Inspo-Optima-Prism 2

Welcome to RBW. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Marcus Jakob Marc(us) is an unknown quantity at this point Marc(us)'s Avatar
    rEvo III hybrid

Inspo classic, Evolution +

Welcome aboard !
    Looks like you found the right place, finally.

Regards,
    Marc(us)

RBW Member Concinal is an unknown quantity at this point Concinal's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Welcome on board.
    I'm sure you find what you are looking for.

Lino

hell is in the details Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T's Avatar
    JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE

EDO04 Ray

Quote Originally Posted by DiveEngineer  View Original Post
    Hey everyone!

Josh
    I hope youll keep intact this refreshing enthusiasm!
    Wellcome aboard
    Dont forget to dive safe to dive as long as possible

John Billings CapeClipper is an unknown quantity at this point CapeClipper's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Nice to meet you, Josh. There was a well attended day-long rebreather seminar in January, held in Jamestown. It was recorded, and there are links to the video here on RBW. I think you would find it very interesting viewing. In addition, if you ever feel like driving up to Cape Cod, there are a few CCR divers up here who would be happy to go diving with you. And conveniently, there is a great rEvo instructor who Summers and runs CCR charters out of Narragansett.

Welcome.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast