+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trip report Hydro Atlantic

RBW Member Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun's Avatar
    rEvo

Trip report Hydro Atlantic

So a few of us headed out on Avid Diver to do the Hydro Atlantic. It was Tim, Terri, Lee Ann, Emilia, Myself and a couple of o/c guys. It turned out to be a flat sunny day on the sea, but what lies beneath was a different story. The capt advised we had at least a 2 knot current so we would be hot dropping. We paired of in groups of two and Oliver set us for a great drop. The o/c guys dropped first, then Emilia and I, and finally Tim and Terri. All 6 of us made the wreck. Once on the wreck the celebration of having actually made it to the wreck was quickly quieted by the 64F water temp
    Viz on the deck was decent 50 feet or more. Tons of large amber jack were hanging out. Tim, Terri and I headed off to the engine room to spend about half our run time and the other half would be on the deck. After milling around the engine room we headed to the bow of the wreck and inside the front hold there were maybe 25 large amber jack. It was a kewl site. I think they too were trying to escape the cold and current. The 30 minutes was over in no time, Tim blew a bag and we began our ascent. Of course with certain divers in our group we had a fairly long hang. By the time we surfaced we had drifted 2-3 miles. We followed the dive with traditional lunch and swapping of stories.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Re: Trip report Hydro Atlantic

Hey,

thanks a lot for these reports. I love the hydro which I was there with you guys to help Tony into the water.

Terri & you should convince the boys to show up in New England for a ball game and a week-end of diving real wrecks (Chester Poling, U-853, Bass, ...)

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Wow! We had 81 degrees last Saturday on the Hydro. Sounds like you guys had a great time even with the cold (by Florida standards) temps.

RBW Member deepstops is an unknown quantity at this point deepstops's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    Hey,

thanks a lot for these reports. I love the hydro which I was there with you guys to help Tony into the water.

Terri & you should convince the boys to show up in New England for a ball game and a week-end of diving real wrecks (Chester Poling, U-853, Bass, ...)
    For the record, the Hydro Atlantic is not an "artificial reef", she sank while enroute to the ship breaker
    Last edited by deepstops; 6th June 2010 at 13:14.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Yes, I know that, I dove the Hydro a few times, it's a great wreck, really nice. Not that the artificial reefs wrecks are not. There is something to be said though about a war casualty, you'll agree.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Today the current was still ripping at about 3 knots and the temp on the deck was up to 72 degrees. There were a lot of large fish around the wreck today too. Vis was probably around 50-60 foot at best.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread