+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Classic Inspiration Price Crash - is it global?

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Classic Inspiration Price Crash - is it global?

Here in the UK we have sign classic inspiration used prices going through the floor - a good second hand example can be picked up for £2500 or lower now.

Is it the same every where else in the world?

Stuart

Bad knees, matching brain Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

RB80, Sentinel

Sign of?

If that's true what do you think it's a sign of?

In most industries I can think of it would mean either A) there is a newer, better model coming out soon and the goal is to reduce inventory while people still want it, or B) the company is going under (not even remotely suggesting that's what's happening here).

Anyone heard of something coming from APV that would replace the Inspiration? I'm guessing it's not the Evolution, but this is not my ballpark.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    It is A I think

People are either moving to the Evo with vision electronics or a new inspiration with vision electronics.

Stuart

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Lightbulb Evolution of the Evolution....

Quote Originally Posted by schford

People are either moving to the Evo with vision electronics or a new Inspiration with vision electronics.

Stuart
    Stuart,

I believe that you are spot on here. I believe that APD sees the future as the Evo, and it will not be too long before the Classic is a thing of the past. (Just my crystal ball gazing here.)

I suspect that with the Evo being lighter, smaller, and having better elctronics, it won't be TOO bloody long before we get a factory announcement that the Evo is rated for Classic time limits, if not longer! (This is mere supposition on my part, but I believe it fits with what we are seeing.)

Cheers!

Rob

Thats a good point Rob - I have heard it said that the official line from the factory is your scrubber is as good as your guage says - not the CE approved rating!

Stuart

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Thats a good point Rob - I have heard it said that the official line from the factory is your scrubber is as good as your guage says - not the CE approved rating!

Stuart
    Yeah, I've heard that the un-official back-channel word is exactly that. Yet, of course, the official front-channel word remains the same; i.e. if CE says it, it's Gospel.

This has, understandably, led to some carping and griping from the field, bedause it does create some confusion about what to believe.

Rob

RBW Member Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck's Avatar
    Dolphin

Exchange Rate- at $1.8696 per Pound Sterling

2500.00 Pounds Sterling is $4,674.0004

For us folks stateside that’s not that great of a deal.

Used engenders the idea of no warranty and so the product SHOULD be half price.

However, the market seems to keep certain products artificially inflated if there is limited number of units or if it is the newest model.

Now talk $2500.00 US and that will open up and entirely new market for the Closed Circuit rebreather.

Or talk about the cost for US units in the UK, now that is intereting!

Andrew

Damn so how much do they go for second hand with you Andrew?

spill the beans!

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Hmmmmm... Like the phantom House Price Crash???

Stu, I've been looking and most are in the region of £3k+ for a 3 or 4 year old model. Where are you finding £2500 units? 'Cos I have a home for one if you do!

If you look at the car market, it's when NEW models come down in price that the bottom drops out of the second hand market. This just isn't the case with the new inspos as they are still very expensive, although it is slightly true with the Meg due to the strong £...

One thing to bear in mind second hand... 3 x new cells, 2 x hydro test + O2 cleaning, servicing if required etc and you can add another £500/£600+...

BTW,

IF ANYONE HAS ONE TO SELL!!!! I know someone wanting a unit in good condition with ADV a year or two old. Please PM if you want to be put in touch... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon
    Stu, I've been looking and most are in the region of £3k+ for a 3 or 4 year old model. Where are you finding £2500 units? 'Cos I have a home for one if you do!

If you look at the car market, it's when NEW models come down in price that the bottom drops out of the second hand market. This just isn't the case with the new inspos as they are still very expensive, although it is slightly true with the Meg due to the strong £...

One thing to bear in mind second hand... 3 x new cells, 2 x hydro test + O2 cleaning, servicing if required etc and you can add another £500/£600+...

BTW,

IF ANYONE HAS ONE TO SELL!!!! I know someone wanting a unit in good condition with ADV a year or two old. Please PM if you want to be put in touch... :)
    Waves hand in air...wait...lemme guess who.....:o

Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast