+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice for the ones wish to attend EuroTek?

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Advice for the ones wish to attend EuroTek?

I figured I might not be the only one who is seeking advice.For example what is the most convenient/cost/time effective method of traveling from Luton Airport to Birmingham. I know Wes has listed a bunch of hotels on the EuroTek website, but I'm sure the ones who live nearby, or been to the last show at 2008 could help with some suggestions as to which Hotel is the best bet.I'm sure that any suggestions/recommendations will be greatly appreciated by all of us!

Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

RBW Member Roz is an unknown quantity at this point Roz's Avatar

Re: Advice for the ones wish to attend EuroTek?

Hi Roland

Luton is not the best airport for Birmingham. I'm taking a punt that you are flying from Budapest? If so, can you get a flight into Birmingham instead? By car you're looking at a 2 hour transfer from Luton to Birmingham and this doesn't include the faff of hiring something and getting lost.

You could also fly into London Heathrow and get a National Express Coach from there. (Probably the cheapest way to get from London to Birmingham). But if you can, fly into Brum, you'll save yourself a load of heartache.

The ICC is right in the heart of Birmingham City Centre. If you follow this link, it will tell you how to find the ICC using Public Transport. Travel - The ICC, Birmingham

"Best Hotel" is difficult to quantify because your best might not be mine. Leigh has put a load of hotels on the EUROTEK Website. Follow the link
    EuroTek Diving Conference Accommodation He's shown how close each hotel is to the ICC. You might like to know the official EUROTEK Website is The City Inn. This is where all the Speakers and Leigh and I are staying because its a five minute walk to the ICC and its a gorgeous hotel without gorgeous prices. We've got a rate of £85 per night inc breakfast and VAT for single occupancy and £95 per night inc breakfast and VAT for double/twin occupancy. If you want to book in here, the code to quote when booking is EUR151010_002. I know other people have booked into the Premier Inn Broad Street. This is also walking distance.

Not sure if you post on Yorkshire Divers. If you do need to fly into Luton, it might be worth putting an appeal on there. See if there is a friendly diver who lives in the area going to EUROTEK who can give you a lift.

If you have any more questions, or need advice or pointers, please don't hesitate to PM me (I'm one of the Organisers), or ask something in this thread.

I hope that this helpful to you.

Cheers
    - Roz

RBW Member PPA is an unknown quantity at this point PPA's Avatar

You can take the train from Luton to Birmingham New street and then it takes 5 minutes walking to the ICC. There is a bus from the Luton airport to the train station (takes 5 minutes), it was free of charge.
    The train, as far as i remenber, takes about 2 hours and you have to change once.
    I did it last time and worked fine.
    Regards
    Pedro

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Unfortunately the only cheap airline that flies to the UK goes to Luton. However, I look up the rest of the airlines to see if they have anything affordable. thanks for your reply.

VR

Roland Somodi

RBW Member Roz is an unknown quantity at this point Roz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PPA  View Original Post
    You can take the train from Luton to Birmingham New street and then it takes 5 minutes walking to the ICC......I did it last time and worked fine.
    The one thing that I would suggest is that if you are flying into Luton, book a late flight out of Luton on the Sunday night. It doesn't happen every weekend, but we do have "engineering works" on the Railways at weekends. This effectively means that you do part of your journey by replacement bus services which can extend the journey time somewhat. If you're flying out of Luton I'd therefore go for something like a 10pm flight. (EUROTEK.2010 is going to wrap about 17:30). That should hopefully give you enough faff time to get to Luton in time to catch your flight.

This is a useful Train website. National Rail Enquiries

room rates at the City Inn (2 mins walk to the ICC) are currently £55 advance bookings

https://www.yourreservation.net/ibe/...2-B1055074DDF5

+ Reply to Thread