+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shrimp BOV review

New Member JimC is an unknown quantity at this point JimC's Avatar

Shrimp BOV review

I got my new Shrimp BOV from Jason at Dive Seekers a couple of weeks ago.

I have done 4 dives on it and Love it. The WOB is great. The chin rest (which is the second stage BOV reg) and ability to put my favorite mouthpiece ( the comfobite) on it has stopped all loose lips water in the loop.

It is easy to switch to OC with one hand which I tried at 170' and it breathed very well which I expected.

Looking forward to using it on long cave scooter dives where the chin rest will prevent jaw fatigue which has been a problem for me.

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Re: Shrimp BOV review

Hi

We are a group of DK divers who bought 7 Shrimps, they where delivered from GG this week so I have not gotten any feedback from the divers yet.
    Thursday evening(My wife whathed Eurovision son contest ), I did a small teardown of the BOV with lots of pictures, They can be seen here:

Scrimp BOV tear-down

It lookes VERY well build...

If you don't know danish, use google translate....

Enjoy

/Christian

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by depth  View Original Post
    Hi

We are a group of DK divers who bought 7 Shrimps, they where delivered from GG this week so I have not gotten any feedback from the divers yet.
    Thursday evening(My wife whathed Eurovision son contest ), I did a small teardown of the BOV with lots of pictures, They can be seen here:

Scrimp BOV tear-down

Enjoy

/Christian
    Thanks for the pics.

Dave Tomblin
    wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by depth  View Original Post
    Hi

Scrimp BOV tear-down

Enjoy

/Christian
    Thanks for that teardown. It was very informative. I got a laugh out of the google translator. It referred to the insides of the reg as giblets
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Thanks for that teardown. It was very informative. I got a laugh out of the google translator. It referred to the insides of the reg as giblets
    Ha ha, lol

/Christian

Bill Reals breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

KISS Classic

I assume that "tørhandsker" is dry gloves?

Al Seeboth seeboth will become famous soon enough seeboth will become famous soon enough seeboth will become famous soon enough seeboth's Avatar
    COPIS Megalodon 2.7

various homebuilt attempts

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    I liked how it called the loop hoses "spiritual hoses" it almost seems like an appropriate title for them

Quote Originally Posted by breals  View Original Post
    I assume that "tørhandsker" is dry gloves?
    Correct. AKA Smurf hands ;)

/Christian

Chett Lehrer
    Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    Hollis Prism-2. rEvo lll rms

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll Micro

Is there a noticeable difference in WOB between the stock DSV and the Shrimp.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Dave Tomblin
    wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Is there a noticeable difference in WOB between the stock DSV and the Shrimp.

Best regards,
    I find it has a slightly higher WOB than stock DSV and the mushroom valve seems to vibrate or "honk" a little bit when I take a really big breath.
    Since my only other BOV experience is on a KISS, this is a vast improvement.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast