+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Capt Dan Trip report 5/16

RBW Member Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun's Avatar
    rEvo

Capt Dan Trip report 5/16

For those of us not at Innerspace, we did some local diving. Tim, Terri, Adrian and myself were scheduled to dive with Avid Diver this afternoon. Apparently the Frenchman had been drinking wine when i texted him the reservation cause he claimed to have no knowledge of it. No worries though he was more than willing to take us out.

NOAA said 2-3's and it was, probably more like 4-5 coming out the inlet. We motored out to the Capt Dan on a ride that most here would call "sporty" Once we got there Oliver informed us it was a strong current. He hooked in and we dropped in. He wasn't kidding, it was a good stiff current. No quite a rip the mask of your face current, but enough that i took several breaks pulling myself down the line to avoid CO2 buildup.

Once on the wreck we had decent viz. I am terrible at guessing viz so I will leave the to someone else to fill in. We ducked in the first hole we could find and poked around in there for a while. With 60 minutes of bottom time we covered pretty much every nook and cranny we could fit into and some we couldn't. The wreck is covered in cup coral and with the current they were all out in full bloom. Beautiful in color.

At 60 minutes we pulled the hook and began our drifting deco. By the time we finished out 45 minutes of deco (thanks to certain pretzels in the group) we had drifted all the way to the RSB1 a mile away according to the capt.

Despite the current we had a great dive. Followed of course by the obligatory post dive meal.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Re: Capt Dan Trip report 5/16

As Kim informed you'll, a few of our local dive buddies deserted those of us that actually have work for a living, and ventured off to Grand Cayman for Innerspace this week - lucky bastards!

So we figured, the only way to somewhat get over our "being left behind" depression, was to head out and dive a nice wreck, which is exactly what we did this afternoon!

Kim pretty much summed it up for you: 1)a confused captain; 2)rough seas; 3)a long hard pull down to the wreck; 4)strong current on the wreck that kept us from the exposed up-current portions of the wreck; 5)longer than normal decompression.

However, all in all, it was a nice dive. Kim, Terri and Tim were like three Vietnam tunnel rats, looking for NVA in every nook and cranny within the wreck. I stuck with them for a bit and snapped a few shots of their adventures down below, but then decided to go topside and look for some color to shoot.

As is usually the case, I'll share a few shots I took during today's diving activities:

Here's a few shots of the tunnel rats doing their thing!

Here's a couple of shots of Kim and her pretty yellow Revo looking for tight spots to venture into.

Here's a couple shots of Terri with her big steel doubles, which didn't seem to slow her down one bit.

Here's Tim and his Meg, trying to keep up with the two ladies, but not doing a good job.

Here's a couple of more colorful shots I took, when I ventured topside.

Here's a shot of Kim and Tim unhooking the anchor when it was time to head home.

Here's a few shots of the folks doing the deco thing.

And finally, here's a shot of Kim, Terri and Tim on the dock after the dive, as we prepared for the most important part of the day, the post dive dinner!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by sfldiver; 17th May 2010 at 03:12.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Nice Pictures!

Thanks for posting!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Down4fun  View Original Post
    By the time we finished out 45 minutes of deco (thanks to certain pretzels in the group)
    Salted or w/ Mustard?

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    Kim, Terri and Tim were like three Vietnam tunnel rats

Terri, do you still do your taxes with an adding maching? Send postal mail? Write checks? Buy a computer already....

+ Reply to Thread