+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Becoming a supporting member

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Re: Becoming a supporting member

Doug,

Curt is a man of principle, high morals, and holds himself to the highest of ethical standards.... To assume he would bend the rules for a few extra bucks is just plain wrong!..... Our man can't be bought!

Wait did you say a six year ADM subscription and a Quad Sponsorship fee... MMM If you throw in a case of his favorite Beer (Apparently all it has to be is yellowish in color and have bubbles to qualify), you may get a deal....

Richie

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by diverreb  View Original Post
    Doug,

Curt is a man of principle, high morals, and holds himself to the highest of ethical standards.... To assume he would bend the rules for a few extra bucks is just plain wrong!..... Our man can't be bought!

Wait did you say a six year ADM subscription and a Quad Sponsorship fee... MMM If you throw in a case of his favorite Beer (Apparently all it has to be is yellowish in color and have bubbles to qualify), you may get a deal....

Richie

I'll go "top shelf" on the beer and throw in a case of Bud....

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by DWill  View Original Post
    I'll go "top shelf" on the beer and throw in a case of Bud....

Oh WAIT... I forgot Curt lives in FL.... make that a case of PBR..

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by DWill  View Original Post
    Oh WAIT... I forgot Curt lives in FL.... make that a case of PBR..

I only drink the best.

Bring a six pack of Schlitz a can of Skoal Dry Menthol chew and my favorite coon dog and we are good to go!!!!
    Attached Images

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Piemonte  View Original Post
    It was worth $50.00 just to read this post....Peter
    Good Answer!
    Chett. L

Team HPDW Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey's Avatar
    rEvo III Hybrid

JJ-CCR - KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    Maximum Stored PMs:
    RBW Member = 2000
    Supporting RBW = 5000

Maximum Recipients to Send PMs at a time:
    RBW Member = 2
    Supporting RBW = 10

Can View Detailed Location Info for Users
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can Email Members
    RBW Member = No
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can Have Signature Line
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Has Special Privileges to Sell Personal Items
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can post special dive charters they are holding
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can View Additional Private RBW Areas
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Has a good feeling inside that they are helping to support a site that provides tons of information
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Knows by supporting RBW their money allows RBW to grow
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Knows that without advertisements and supporting members RBW would close
    RBW Member = Maybe
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Knows that other dive leaders are supporting members and that they have a cool title under their name
    RBW Member = Yes
    Supporting RBW = Yes, but we are cooler

Knows as a rebreather diver, $50 is the cheapest thing you will ever buy that has anything to do with a rebreather
    RBW Member = Maybe has not realized that yet
    Supporting RBW = Yes, has been around long enough to know

Sees that nigelh, (post below) is cool and has his own color, unlike the plain baby blue of this thread starter
    Paul Bailey = can see it
    nigelh = can see the plain blue, but loves the nice purple color of a supporting member

Obviously this is all nice and warm and fuzzy but doesn't answer the points below:

1. I can only send pm's to 2 people at a time (This one is answered thanks to Curt I know)
    2. I never get reminders when a thread I have subscribed to is updated. No matter which browser I am using (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, insert browser name here...
    3. I am deleted from thread subscriptions all the time for no reason
    4. I am not auto subscribed to a thread when I contribute

I'm happy to contribute financially and would feel even happier knowing that I was supporting a site that worked in the same way as others do.

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bailey  View Original Post
    Obviously this is all nice and warm and fuzzy but doesn't answer the points below:

2. I never get reminders when a thread I have subscribed to is updated. No matter which browser I am using (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, insert browser name here...

I'm happy to contribute financially and would feel even happier knowing that I was supporting a site that worked in the same way as others do.
    Perhaps it is best you do not contribute then Paul. I don't think we'll be able to meet your standards, particularly when you've placed the amount of emphasis on the above. Just to let you know though, I choose to NOT be alerted to every thread I participate in.... and I own the place so I suppose it is all in what is truly important to you. BTW, before you even start on the tapatalk, it is a software upgrade.

Last edited by Linda Bowen; 17th May 2010 at 17:11.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bailey  View Original Post

FWIW Those are the biggest pains in the ar*e on some other sites, notably on Yapping Dogs...

Last time I checked supporting was optional, damn I hate these wonderful free website