+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Sunday May 23rd

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Re: Sunday May 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by Padipro  View Original Post
    I never trust NOAA. When I had the boat I don't think their forecast was ever right. They'd be calling for 2 to 3 and it would be 4 to 5, They'd call for 5 to 6 and it would be 2 feet or less.

I got an email a few minutes ago from Wally, you know he works for the National Hurricane Canter, his predictions have always been spot on and he said it shouldn't start getting bad until later Sunday afternoon and we should be OK for an afternoon dive so I'm still in.

12:30 show 1:00 go?
    Try SailFlow.com. It gives pretty righteous wind gradient predictions inside of 72 hours. It won't tell you sea state, but if you have a clue about wind, SailFlow is *much* more useful than the NOAA forecasts. Two weeks ago NOAA gave a terrible forecast on one day, but SailFlow showed a very nice window of opportunity. Went out on glassy seas as everyone slept in, got our dive in, and headed back as the wind ratcheted up - just as SailFlow predicted. After using this site for 3+ years, it has proven itself pretty damn accurate.

Right now it looks like it will be kicking up to 14-16 kts by 2:00 PM, with some 16-18 kt puffs by 5:00 PM. Better hope the Gulfstream is not in close to shore, as it will be SLOP-EEEEEE...

RBW Member Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun's Avatar
    rEvo

ok things are clear as mud between the captain and i and here is the final roster
    Hydro May 23 pm
    1) Adrain
    2) Tony
    3) Kim
    4) Brian
    5) Dave
    6) Scott
    crew cristos

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

ya'll have a good time. water too bouncy for me and my boat.