+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: OLED Upgrade for Meg handsets ?

RBW Member Dive!Dive! is on a distinguished road Dive!Dive! is on a distinguished road Dive!Dive!'s Avatar

OLED Upgrade for Meg handsets ?

Folks,
    I heard that there was someone in the US offering OLED display upgrades for Meg handsets.
    Having just got a predator, I'm now dissatisfied with the Meg handsets.....thought they were fine before!
    Anyone know anyhting about this or can provide some contact details?
    Cheers
    Steve

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Re: OLED Upgrade for Meg handsets ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dive!Dive!  View Original Post
    Folks,
    I heard that there was someone in the US offering OLED display upgrades for Meg handsets.
    Having just got a predator, I'm now dissatisfied with the Meg handsets.....thought they were fine before!
    Cheers
    Steve
    Hi

Contact Narked at 90 webshop

He will explain the details and help you out...

/Christian

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Folks,
    Cheers
    Steve
    I've got an OLED display that works on a meg. Happy to make you a deal on it if you want to install it yourself. It is pin for pin replacement. It doesn't seem to like cold water though.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Folks,
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

RBW Member Dive!Dive! is on a distinguished road Dive!Dive! is on a distinguished road Dive!Dive!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Szopinski  View Original Post
    Indeed.

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Indeed.

Hope you got back home OK.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

John (Jay) Loftus jayblhkg is on a distinguished road jayblhkg is on a distinguished road jayblhkg's Avatar
    KISS Classic

You can get them from Gregg Stanton at Wakulla Diving Center Florida CCR Training/Repair/Support

My buddy has one

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

Gregg has been doing this for a couple of years now.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

I have seen a couple of them now and was initially quite impressed.....That was until it was taken out into the sunlight and the screen almost disappeared ......

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member systematic.entropy is an unknown quantity at this point systematic.entropy's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    I've got an OLED display that works on a meg. Happy to make you a deal on it if you want to install it yourself. It is pin for pin replacement. It doesn't seem to like cold water though.
    I got mine from Gregg Stanton back in 02/09. During the fall months, mine didn't like cold period. I did several cold water and ice bath tests and communicated a lot with Gregg, and Joerg, and they did some revisions, and got me a replacement in a matter of days. In the meantime, I just swapped in the old display (it's a pretty easy swap).

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    I have seen a couple of them now and was initially quite impressed.....That was until it was taken out into the sunlight and the screen almost disappeared ......

Regards,

Lance
    True, they aren't easy to read in direct sunlight. But, underwater, they practically glow. If I have to shade my handset during a pre-breathe, but am actually be able to see it during a dive, that's a trade I'm ok with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast