+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Operation Fletcher Dive report, April 2010

Bill Reals breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals is just really nice breals's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

KISS Classic

Operation Fletcher Dive report, April 2010

Last weekend a group of 24 divers dove the a Fletcher Class WW2 Destroyer, USS Burns (tentative ID) at San Clemente Island in California. Over the course of the weekend, 50+ man-dives were completed on the wreck at a max depth of 280'. We had an awesome group of divers and were able to execute this dive without incident.

This is one of the best wrecks on the West Coast. Call Tyler @ Deepoutdoors (Deepoutdoors, dedicated to developing products for exploration and to inspire a passion for adventure.) for more information

Andrew Ainslie's vid of the wreck is not to be missed.
    http://asainslie.com/videos/destroyerapril10.wmv

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Re: Operation Fletcher Dive report, April 2010

Hi Bill,

I really enjoyed watching the video. It looks like you guys did some awesome diving!

Thanks for posting!

btw, the visibility looked pretty amazing...what was the water temp on the surface/bottom?

Adrian

San Diego rEvo Mafia "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon"'s Avatar
    rEvo II

Most of the San Diego/LA crew has 3-4 dives on this wreck already. It will soon be known as one of the top worldwide dive destinations.

The trips so far have been top notch with minimal to no current and amazing visibility. Next time Marco and I are planning one hour bottom time and 5 hour run time.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Buck-O-Five  View Original Post
    Most of the San Diego/LA crew has 3-4 dives on this wreck already. It will soon be known as one of the top worldwide dive destinations.

The trips so far have been top notch with minimal to no current and amazing visibility. Next time Marco and I are planning one hour bottom time and 5 hour run time.
    good to see Tyler on the pictures: he's still diving?

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman's Avatar

Nice trip report Bill. Brandon, you'll be needing that rEvo radial scrubber and a suit heater. It is definitely one of those dives that you have to make yourself leave...it is that good.

Robin

RBW Member Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    good to see Tyler on the pictures: he's still diving?

paul
    Well some people might call it diving.

Robin

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibiman  View Original Post
    Well some people might call it diving.

Robin
    good to hear you Robin!

cheers
    paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

San Diego rEvo Mafia "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon"'s Avatar
    rEvo II

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibiman  View Original Post
    Nice trip report Bill. Brandon, you'll be needing that rEvo radial scrubber and a suit heater. It is definitely one of those dives that you have to make yourself leave...it is that good.

Robin
    IDK, was kinda headed towards the set point controller for next upgrade. I guess I can always borrow Wolfies extended scrubber.

RBW Member mlaprade is an unknown quantity at this point mlaprade's Avatar

I'm thinking of doing two 3 hour dives and switching out sorb in between.

Dive Deep and Dive Long Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf's Avatar
    rEvo

It was a great weekend dive with a great group. Everything was good until I got to the airport to leave. Had to check the rEvo, 40lb combined weight limit for crayon's now. had to dump the sorb, not in original packaging. Missed the plane while screwing with the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck-O-Five  View Original Post
    IDK, was kinda headed towards the set point controller for next upgrade. I guess I can always borrow Wolfies extended scrubber.
    I will be using them myself next time as I will not have a suit that is filling up with water and freezing my ass off on deco.
    Last edited by Loanwolf; 27th April 2010 at 20:39.