+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Way Valve Issue

Wael AL-Jareh Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision with BOB

Ray, Evolution, Insp. Classic

One Way Valve Issue

I was assembling my Ray's loop, and I noticed that the inhalation valve (one way valve) is sitting loose in its place. When I continued tightening the corrugated hoses on both sides of the DSV, then I blocked the exhale hose and blew into the DSV where I found that the inhalation valve is leaking back slightly. I then took off the hoses, and tried to blow within the inhalation valve on its own, but it doesn't show any leak. It seems that the leak is happening because it's sitting loose in the DSV so its wall isn't sealing against the DSV's inner wall.

Any ideas?

Wael

Wael AL-Jareh Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3's Avatar

Re: One Way Valve Issue

I'm still hoping to get some ideas about the problem.

Regards. Wael

An independent diver. bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso's Avatar
    MCCR Dolphin

Use a layer of tape around the housing and reseat it. Replacing it may not solve the problem. (The barrel may be out of tolerance.)

In use, it actually isn't a problem as the amount of gas which goes around it is too small in comparison to the total gas volume of gas inhaled.

Dale

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Brainx3  View Original Post
    I was assembling my Ray's loop, and I noticed that the inhalation valve (one way valve) is sitting loose in its place. When I continued tightening the corrugated hoses on both sides of the DSV, then I blocked the exhale hose and blew into the DSV where I found that the inhalation valve is leaking back slightly. I then took off the hoses, and tried to blow within the inhalation valve on its own, but it doesn't show any leak. It seems that the leak is happening because it's sitting loose in the DSV so its wall isn't sealing against the DSV's inner wall.

Any ideas?

Wael
    when you assemble the hose on the DSV, put the hose far enough, so the first ridge in the corrugated hose seals against the valve seat

alternative is an O-ring on the outer side of the valve seat, between valve seat and hose-ends: works always perfect: this is what we do on our assemblies

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Or if you don't have an appropriate o-ring, just use some bicycle inner tube.

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane  View Original Post
    Or if you don't have an appropriate o-ring, just use some bicycle inner tube.

Could you show a pic to clarify this? I have noticed this on all my ray loops but it never has been a problem as the bypass is very low and under pressure only. Don´t think it´s neccessary to change it but who knows

hell is in the details Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T's Avatar
    JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE

EDO04 Ray

I use teflon tape

That's the RBW spirit! Thanks all for the replies. I have tried Paul's way first, but it seems no matter how hard I push the corrugated hose against the DSV, I don't get it to seal properly, so I moved forward and tried Dale's way. Although normal tape loses its glue when in contact with high humidity/water, then I cut a piece of a duct tape, wrapped it on the valve's seat, and squeezed it in place. Worked very well!!!

Thanks again for all other tips.

Regards. Wael

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Quote Originally Posted by RGMag  View Original Post
    Could you show a pic to clarify this? I have noticed this on all my ray loops but it never has been a problem as the bypass is very low and under pressure only. Don´t think it´s neccessary to change it but who knows
    Sorry, not for the moment, I'm in Argentina till the end of the month.
    The idea is to cut a little bit (5mm to 1cm) of inner tube and use it like an o-ring.