+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lake tahoe, California

little yellow box MYKA is an unknown quantity at this point MYKA's Avatar
    Evolution, APD

lake tahoe, California

Hi,
    looking for people who can give me informations about the possibility to dive in lake tahoe.
    Which places are possible now from the shore ?
    Where it's easy to find deep close to the shore ?

And if someone is ready to go to dive with me, during week or weekend,
    let me know !
    thanks

Silent Lucidity mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: lake tahoe, California

Evolution, APD

Quote Originally Posted by mountain diver  View Original Post
    Rubicon Wall.
    Are you sure that it's possible to dive in rubicon Wall now ?
    If I really understand I have to go throught the D.LBLiss Park to go to rubicon wall from the shore.
    I was 10 days ago at the entrance of this park : it's closed with one meter of snow at the front !

Maybe it's possible to dive by boat ? any informations ?

Silent Lucidity mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver's Avatar
    Megalodon

At this time of year there is probably snow, but seeing as I'm not any where near there I could not tell you. The only other spot I know of is near Emerald bay and you need a boat. That all said, there use to be a couple of fellows from that area that where on RBW maybe they could chime in and help you out. That's all I've got.

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

don't know the name of the site, but dived a wall on the north side a few times...

park in Speedboat way (VERY limited parking).
    walk down to the water, stairs and short beach.
    start swimming towards nevada, the wall is actually on the border, within about 100m or so it drops fast.

I normally dive the wall and deco up... last stop is a leisurely underwater swim back to the beach.

not a whole lot to see, but relatively easy dive and can get depth from shore.

one thing to note; at least when I dived there last, one of the states (can't remember which one) requires the use of a dive flag and the other does not... technically this dive occurs in both states, so a dive flag should be used.

I'm sure others know the lake far better... like those scooter testing guys!;P

hoppy

Evolution, APD

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post

http://www.sierradive.com

Sierra Diving Center
    thanks
    I already contact them. It appears that actually the more easy place to dive from the shore and to have a minimum of deep is hurricane bay.
    Dive Sites
    For this moment the other places are not accessible (snow).

If someone want to dive with me in lake tahoe during april or beginning of may, send me a message.

Thanks for all informations.
    Mickael

Evolution, APD

hi,
    I plan to dive in Lake Tahoe in California (and Nevada).

I dive with an Evolution rebreather, and I'm looking for people with rebreather to dive with me at this place (Rubicon Wall in the CA side). But if you have a twin, you are welcome !

I arrived in California 4 months ago, and even if sometimes I found people to dive with me, I did some dives alone. I live near Sacramento, 2 hours from lake tahoe.

Just send a me message if you are interested to dive with me, my next scheduled dive is the week end of the 10-11 july in Tahoe.

thanks,
    Mickael

Evolution, APD

Hi,
    I did a very nice dive in Lake Tahoe this Sunday.
    D.L Bliss Park > Rubicon wall, from the shore.

It's not so difficult in fact. Rebreather (Evolution) and 2 bailouts (S80).
    No scooter.

7min of swimming between 3 and 6 meters deep, and I found the amazing wall. Cristalline water, a lot of light even at 70 meters deep.

I was alone, but if somebody want to join me, I will be happy next time in August to dive with someone, to have a diver on my pictures. Because it is very difficult to imagine the wall just with rocks on the pictures. For example, on this one : the split is verticale in fact, and maybe long of 20meters or more !

Evolution, APD

+ Reply to Thread