+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help: Rebreather facilities in Barbados?

Let's go diving! mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: Help: Rebreather facilities in Barbados?

Barbados is not much for shore diving potential, and like Aruba, the few sites that the dive shop operators visit (by boat) are the standard shallow wreck or unadorned reef kind of places. I have dived both in the south and the north and I wouldn't bother to dive there again open circuit, let alone try to find rebreather support.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

I was there a few years ago as a starting place for a week long dive trip to lesser French Antilles, didn't dive in Barbados however. If you are going, like great sipping rum, and can get up to the Northern part of the island, definitely stop in at the St. Nicholas Abbey. The guy that owns it now did an amazing job at restoring the building, it's well worth the trip.

Barbados Historic Attraction • Plantation • Jacobean Mansion • Rum Distillery • St. Nicholas Abbey Plantation • Barbados, West Indies

The North Eastern side is the windward side, good surfing but not much in the way of safe diving.

We stayed at the Hilton (there is an old fort there you can walk around) and had fun there for the day before we got on our boat to head out to the other islands.

RBW Member Vilho is an unknown quantity at this point Vilho's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Help: Rebreather facilities in Barbados?

Thanks for the info... Seems I should concentrate on the sun and rum and leave the breather home.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by Vilho  View Original Post
    Thanks for the info... Seems I should concentrate on the sun and rum and leave the breather home.
    That would be my suggestion. The hassle of getting it there, filed tanks etc just doesn't seem worth it. But, I would look into OC dive options. The water is warm and usually clear so why not get wet? Soak of the history of the island and have fun, we really liked it.

pike pikewashere is an unknown quantity at this point pikewashere's Avatar
    rEvo

Bumping this back up.

Wondering if anyone knows of CCR and/or technical dive centres in B'dos.

(Headed that way in 6 weeks for a family vacation, and would be great to slip a few solid dives if possible).

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2