+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flow Meters

Wael AL-Jareh Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision with BOB

Ray, Evolution, Insp. Classic

Flow Meters

Which type/model do you use on your mCCR/hCCR ?

Regards. Wael

Steve Rich stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm's Avatar
    rEvo II

Classic/Sport KISS

Re: Flow Meters

With the Dolphin, I used the Dwyer MiniMaster, the same model that came with the Dolphin could be bought directly from dwyer for a fraction of the cost. For mCCR, I use the "Dave ****** inverted graduated cylinder in a bucket of water" method, the output hose from the orifice goes into the water, and bleeds gas over time into a flooded and inverted graduated cylinder. The amount of water displaced, factored with the time of the sample (example: 125ml in 10 seconds= 0.75 liters/min), gives an actual reading of gas volume per minute, without having to worry about whether the calibrations of the flow meter is in air or O2. Seems to have worked well for me so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainx3  View Original Post
    Which type/model do you use on your mCCR/hCCR ?

Regards. Wael

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

I used a Dwyer, can't remember the model number but Gordon lists it in the KISS manual. IIRC it's a 0-2l/min but might be wrong as it's from memory. You will need to correct for oxygen as they are calibrated in air.

Once you have the flow set then you can check the flow in the field by just timing how long it takes the oxygen lines to depressurise once the oxygen is switched off. It's rough but it's an easy check to do predive.

Explorers Exodus Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing's Avatar
    rEvo-II

ahh for a mCCR/hCCR --> none.

Get the pressure to match your metabolism, and write down droptime from say 100 to 50 bars. Use this as a ballpark figure during preparation at home.

I still see this as a "critical" function on a mCCR, and therefor I test it during preparation of the rig at home.
    However, so what if it doesnt?
    We check PPO often enough right......

Nicolai

RBW Member jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat's Avatar
    rEvo 3 MICRO FT

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR, MEG 2.01

+1 for Dwyer. Mine is an 02 flow meter, so no calculation from air needed.

below is pic of it.. Albeit not the best photo.. hope it helps..

John
    Attached Images

RBW Member cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3 will become famous soon enough cadblaster3's Avatar
    Inspiration, Micro rEvo

I use the Dwyer Model # VFB -60-SS, which you can order directly. Lately thought it's simpler to use an empty Jim Bean 1/5. 750ml,, so 1 minute to fill equals .75lpm flow..........

RBW Member Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen's Avatar
    Apocalypse mCCR

Dräger Dolphin SCR to mCCR

I use the Dwyer 1,2 l/m purchased through Tecme. (air model)
    I use it every time doing predive checks.
    If anything is wrong, its easy noticed :
    Flow too high : ball above .. happened to me once due to O² IP creeped up
    Flow too low : filter clogged, re-adjustment of y Swagelock needle valve.

cheers

Ivan

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Calcoen  View Original Post
    I use the Dwyer 1,2 l/m purchased through Tecme. (air model)
    I use it every time doing predive checks.
    If anything is wrong, its easy noticed :
    Flow too high : ball above .. happened to me once due to O² IP creeped up
    Flow too low : filter clogged, re-adjustment of y Swagelock needle valve.

cheers

Ivan

Second that, I also use a flow meter which i purchased from Martin (tecme)

RBW Member venturi is an unknown quantity at this point venturi's Avatar
    Submatix SMS

atlantis rgu-fm Ray

Anyone have an idea of the real difference with calibrating 02 with an air meter ?

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venturi  View Original Post
    Anyone have an idea of the real difference with calibrating 02 with an air meter ?

I'd estimate that it reads about 5% high.
    That's about 1/4 of the indicator ball's diameter, if that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast