+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: So who's next?....

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

So who's next?....

Hi all, seems we start to have big problems in our rebreather community.

It becomes clear that Teledyne stops supplying due to 'legal harrasment', beiing sued for no reason, just enough to get them away from our market!

I think some people are celebrating now!...

THANK YOU COMPETITION!!!

So who will be next? Molecular, sodasorb, ... all the granular sorb manufacturers?

So at the end we will stay with AI sensors without temperature compensation, and Extendairs only.... and only one rebreather that works with these two....

Is it that what we want?
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Re: So who's next?....

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post

It becomes clear that Teledyne stops supplying due to 'legal harrasment', beiing sued for no reason, just enough to get them away from our market!

THANK YOU COMPETITION!!!

So who will be next? Molecular, sodasorb, ... all the granular sorb manufacturers?

So at the end we will stay with AI sensors without temperature compensation, and Extendairs only.... and only one rebreather that works with these two....

Is it that what we want?
    I guess the rumour about who the plaintiff was is true then...

Silver Mine Junkie Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan's Avatar
    Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post

THANK YOU COMPETITION!!!

Is it that what we want?
    If that is true it really sucks...

On the other hand, think about what it would do for minimizing fatalities. Hard to increase the number of bodies if we're only allowed to dive using vapor ware...

/Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland  View Original Post
    Who filed a lawsuit? And how were the sensors alleged to have contributed to the accident?

Cheeky Monkey........... Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans is a name known to all Paul Evans's Avatar

You have got to be kidding................

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Although it's a PITA for us all, to be honest the O2 sensors we use are so crap we need three of them to be sure they aren't going to kill us. Did we see much change in the product from Teledyne? Really?

I hope now those with the brains out there will be pushing forward the better technologies available to the point where we have cheap, reliable PO2 measurement.

I rather like the look of the O2 optode where a film responds to O2 which you shine a light at to read. Failing that, there are several other technologies out there in use commercially. Combining several of these might give us something foolproof enough and responsive enough. The Norwegians already have something rigged to work to 3000m!

Paul, I won't sue you. I promise. :)

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon  View Original Post
    Although it's a PITA for us all, to be honest the O2 sensors we use are so crap we need three of them to be sure they aren't going to kill us. Did we see much change in the product from Teledyne? Really?

I hope now those with the brains out there will be pushing forward the better technologies available to the point where we have cheap, reliable PO2 measurement.

I rather like the look of the O2 optode where a film responds to O2 which you shine a light at to read. Failing that, there are several other technologies out there in use commercially. Combining several of these might give us something foolproof enough and responsive enough. The Norwegians already have something rigged to work to 3000m!

Paul, I won't sue you. I promise. :)
    John,

By the time you get round to buying/obtaining replacements for your rig, that technology will probably be in full swing....
    We love ya really!!!

Brent
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Nick Tessier music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco's Avatar
    MCCR

If what I think you just said is true
    Something should be done

What it wants is for a company to step and sell rebranded cells made by Teledyne
    (maybe a group from RBW) could approach Teledyne with a big enough order for their cells to make it worth it for them to keep producing them
    put the risk onto that 3rd party company that only lives in cyberspace

The cells could be sold “for surface use only” but unchanged – if we choose to use them under water it’s down to us for not following manufactures instructions

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

Is this related to the cave incident where the head was allegedly incorrectly assembled by the end user?

Blinded with science... deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

MK15.5, MK15

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon  View Original Post

I rather like the look of the O2 optode where a film responds to O2 which you shine a light at to read.
    I have just today placed an order for a phase fluorometer and a few sets of oxygen optodes. I've already rigged up a bench test facility to look at response under hyperbaric, controlled-humidity and controlled-temperature conditions. Not going to be an instant solution, but it should get us moving in the right direction...

Lee