+ Reply to Thread

Thread: London Dive Show 2006

New Member Silentghost is an unknown quantity at this point Silentghost's Avatar

London Dive Show 2006

Hi everybody

We are planning to fly to London 1.-2.4.2006 for a dive show. Could somebody help and tell us some good and cheap hotel very near of ExCel. Some email addresses?

How far is the ExCel from London Stansted airport?

Anssi Villa, Finland

RBW Member deepnark will become famous soon enough deepnark will become famous soon enough deepnark will become famous soon enough deepnark will become famous soon enough deepnark's Avatar

Re: London Dive Show 2006

you would be better off flying to london city airport if you can as its just around the corner from excel

RBW Member Eoin is an unknown quantity at this point Eoin's Avatar

Hi there,
    I flew in to London City last year, about 10-15min taxi from there to the show. I got a hotel through the LIDS website, about 10mins walk from the show. Hotel was not great, and there was no breakfast, but as we had been out till about 4am we wouldn't have eaten much anyway!

Can't remember the hotel I'm afraid.
    Will be heading to Belfast show in 2 weeks, anyone else going??

Steve C UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve's Avatar

Hi there,

Check out http://www.excel-london.co.uk/en/visitors/hotels.html

Of those hotels the Premier Travel Inn is probably the cheapest - if you book early enough

Regards

Steve

New Member Silentghost is an unknown quantity at this point Silentghost's Avatar

Thanks Steve. This is good!

-Anssi-

Check out http://www.excel-london.co.uk/en/visitors/hotels.html

Of those hotels the Premier Travel Inn is probably the cheapest - if you book early enough

Regards

Steve[/quote]

Steve C UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve's Avatar

No probs...maybe see you there :)

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Hi,

As I live 10minute drive from Excel all my life here are a few thoughts-

Flying to London City is more expensive than flying to Stansted, Stansted is well connected by trains and buses to East London so although its further away it shouldn't be a problem.

At Stansted you can get a coach to Stratford (East London) for about £7 and from there a train to Excel area very easily, you'll need the DLR (Docklands Light Railway- its like a blue toy train )

You can stay right next door to Excel but if you want to save some cash hotels further out along the DLR will be cheaper (I suspect) although you will incur some travel expenses :)

Often overlooked is using the local buses, I don't have a list of buses on me but the excel site lists them, they are cheap'ish and connect to hotels well away from excel.

PM me if you have any questions, I can try and suggest a combo to fit a budget if you're on one! ;)

All the best,
    BEN

Quote Originally Posted by Silentghost
    Hi everybody

We are planning to fly to London 1.-2.4.2006 for a dive show. Could somebody help and tell us some good and cheap hotel very near of ExCel. Some email addresses?

How far is the ExCel from London Stansted airport?

Anssi Villa, Finland
    Anssi

I have a stand at this years dive show and we are stayng at the PREMIER TRAVEL INN you can contact them on +44 0207 5402240 this hotel is about 10minutes walk from the center,

I hope to see you there, we are on stand 665

John

+ Reply to Thread