+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BTS ... Nothing Cool?

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Re: BTS ... Nothing Cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Oh you mean Captain Jeff Addis.....

He has been dressing that way for as long as I can remember (probably at least 20 years!)
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by onetime  View Original Post
    Here's the front and back of the flyer I picked up.

Any real pictures? Was the unit on display?

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post
    Well, I don't know about the one-upmanship, but I can tell you some of the highlights for me were...

Dr. Marv Gozum's presentation on the DIY doppler use. A revolutionary way to use over-the counter doppler kits to monitor pre and post dive bubbling to adjust personal dive program/computer conservatism settings. Later Marvin presented on the individual resistance to bubble formation, and explained how some individuals seem to be immune to getting bent, while others seem to be prone to it.

Joel Silverstein's and Capt. Kathy Weydig's presentation on oxygen toxicity management, with footage of a real incident. They provided some insights of incident management, chopper evacuation, hyperbaric chamber use, and ox/tox prevention techniques.

And of course, seeing old friends, and meeting new ones. It was a great show this year.

Some of the many stars of the show...

Paul and Dave:

Jason Fisch of the Scuba Connection DIVESeekers.com Call us Toll Free 888-728-2247:

Thanks Curt for a cool RBW t-shirt!

So that's what you look like. Hi Jason!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    He has been dressing that way for as long as I can remember (probably at least 20 years!)
    As warm as it was in that room, that guy must have been dripping wet with sweat!

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Any real pictures? Was the unit on display?

Best regards,
    It was on display, unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me (my cell phone takes horrible pictures). I did see several people taking pics of the unit though, hopefully one was an RBW member.

Of interest was the handle built into the top of the scrubber, seemed like a great idea. The size of the unit was TINY. The scrubber was little larger than a 6 cu ft bottle.

still learning... gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan's Avatar

Dr. Marv Gozum's presentation on the DIY doppler use. A revolutionary way to use over-the counter doppler kits to monitor pre and post dive bubbling to adjust personal dive program/computer conservatism settings. Later Marvin presented on the individual resistance to bubble formation, and explained how some individuals seem to be immune to getting bent, while others seem to be prone to it.

Joel Silverstein's and Capt. Kathy Weydig's presentation on oxygen toxicity management, with footage of a real incident. They provided some insights of incident management, chopper evacuation, hyperbaric chamber use, and ox/tox prevention techniques.
    What are the chances of getting these presentation(s) online, like they do from other tek conferences, sounds like some good info

John Billings CapeClipper is an unknown quantity at this point CapeClipper's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Not as big a deal as a new rebreather, but several of us were responsible for Dive Seekers selling out of Light Monkey reels. To demonstrate and differentiate this excellent product, Jason intentionally caused a huge birds nest of line - then said, "whoops, that was worse than I had planned." I was thinking, so much for the demo - he'll have to put that reel away and deal with it later. Because of the reels close tolerances and excellent design, all it took were a few tugs, and the line was completely untangled - it was amazing. We all then bought one the spot. It felt a little like being in a Ronco Infomercial.

John

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by gallathan  View Original Post
    What are the chances of getting these presentation(s) online, like they do from other tek conferences, sounds like some good info

The Oxygen Toxicity presentation is actually available on the DAN website -- Kathy did that one at the DAN Technical Diving Conference. There are a few things in the one we did at BTS that are updated but not that much.

Find it at DAN Divers Alert Network

i will look at creating a live version of the newest one when I get with David Ulloa in a few weeks in Key West ---

Thanks
    JDS

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Oh you mean Captain Jeff Addis.....

That's what I call "warm and fuzzy"!

(I always wandered who this dude is.)

RBW Member diverjmd will become famous soon enough diverjmd will become famous soon enough diverjmd will become famous soon enough diverjmd will become famous soon enough diverjmd's Avatar

Well, I don't know about the one-upmanship, but I can tell you some of the highlights for me were...

And of course, seeing old friends, and meeting new ones. It was a great show this year.

Some of the many stars of the show...

Paul and Dave:

Jason Fisch of the Scuba Connection DIVESeekers.com Call us Toll Free 888-728-2247:

Thanks Curt for a cool RBW t-shirt!
    Forget the RBW t-shirt. You can't top the Gauntlet t-shirt!!! That t-shirt is the best!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast