+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BTS ... Nothing Cool?

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Re: BTS ... Nothing Cool?

Quote Originally Posted by JS1scuba  View Original Post
    The other very cool thing was Leon's new mini recreational rebreather. Small canister, 2 6 cuft bottles, over-the-shoulder CLs ..... this machine was the bomb. For shallow 30 msw and less this unit should probably become your fun rebreather. He said it should be in production within about 60 days.
    Can you tell us which company/model rebreather this is? Unfortunately I don't know who Leon is.

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    Can you tell us which company/model rebreather this is? Unfortunately I don't know who Leon is.
    ISC InnerSpace Systems Corp

Megalodon, Copis, Predator, Pathfinder and more...

/Christian

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    Sorry -- Innerspace Systems Corp -- ISC (Megaladon) i dont think it even had a name that i recal it was just cool, small, and a perfect unit for shallow water (30 m) diving. I'm sure it will get posted.

jds

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by depth  View Original Post
    ISC InnerSpace Systems Corp

Megalodon, Copis, Predator, Pathfinder and more...

/Christian
    Christian,

I can't seem to find anything new but the older stuff on ISC. No word about the predator, pathfinder, BOV, etc. I might have misunderstood your post. Thanks

roland

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rolanddiver  View Original Post
    Christian,

I can't seem to find anything new but the older stuff on ISC. No word about the predator, pathfinder, BOV, etc. I might have misunderstood your post. Thanks

roland
    Hi Roland

Well, for everyones advantage, ISC is better making rebreathers than making/Updating their website. They might as well not have one (almost)

Do a search in the forum for "ISC Predator" and "ISC Pathfinder" and information will surface. Here is one hit:

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=30639

/Christian

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

Smile Re: BTS ... Nothing Cool?

We old BTS hands thought this year was a really good show. Sorry about the room confusion but you know the BTS staff are all volunteers and the convention center and other outside forces cause last minute changes. The small minority of us staff volunteers that dive CCRs were probably playing hooky in the Rebreather room catching the presentations. Next year maybe we'll print out a cheat sheet with the most obvious questions answered so every unpaid staffer knows the basics.

Me, I like the little stuff. How about the guy over at Indian Valley Scuba that designed a backplate with rollers at the waist belt so you could actually adjust your harness on the fly instead of struggling for a half hour pulling belts through slits because you changed exposure suits? I also played with the Spectrum Reel for a while and believe it may actually be the first really foolproof of the allegedly foolproof reels.

After a couple of longing minutes at Shearwater I realized that this is the year I retire my VR3.

I had a conspiracy working with a few pals. We were going to place a drape over a crate with a sign that said APOC and roll it through the show then out the back door. I decided it wasn't worth the risk of violent reaction.

I got my free RBW t-shirt and that made it all worthwhile. See you next year.

Mike Samsen Sharky1948 will become famous soon enough Sharky1948 will become famous soon enough Sharky1948 will become famous soon enough Sharky1948's Avatar
    rEvo III Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by onetime  View Original Post
    Steve Lewis's deco on the fly. Awesome, awesome, awesome. When his book comes out I'm buying it.
    +1

That was one of the most useful seminars I've attended ever at BTS. (Diving two computers and pre-planning with tables, I hope never to have occasion to use it; but, it's a great contingency tool!)

Closed Account Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Yep. Tons of travel brokers, resorts, live-aboards. I remember when we had the time and funds for exotic dive travel, and we looked to BTS as *the* place to see what we were going to do the next winter. Even though for the time being we are not in that mode, I still like to see all that stuff and tuck interesting things away for consideration in the future.

When we stopped at a dive operator's booth, we did make it a point to ask about CCR support (its funny, Tina usually beat me to it). Still not much available, though I do think we are seeing some changes. Some of the most remote destinations will probably not be able to offer oxygen fills for a while, if ever. Many of the more accessible destinations are just too busy dealing with open circuit vacation divers to even think about CCRs, which is just as well - we probably would not consider patronizing them anyway.

We both wore our RBW badges (thanks Richie!) at the Friday seminars and the Tech/Rec party, as well as the entire time Saturday and Sunday. Other than Capt. Frank of the Spree, nobody approached us to introduce themselves. And we did not see any other badges. That was a disappointment. The gathering at Cheeseburger was small. We did meet a couple of folks from RBW that we'd not met before, but we both came away from that a little disappointed as well. Maybe we left too early? Yeah, I'm guilty, there were a couple of times I saw someone wearing an RBW tee shirt who I did not recognize, and I did not approach him or her to say hello. My bad on that.

In spite of spending Friday night, all day Saturday and most of Sunday there, we did not make it to all of the show floor. Friday night was taken up by seminars (agree, Steve Lewis' presentation was excellent) as was a good portion of Saturday and Sunday. So we didn't get to see everything we wanted to and we did not get to say hello to some of the folks we had planned to, including Matt and Capt. Gary.

I think the show and the social activities were overall worth the effort and modest cost to attend. We'll likely do it again next year, as we have for every year since the show moved to New Jersey.

--
    Art

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky1948  View Original Post
    +1

(Diving two computers and pre-planning with tables, I hope never to have occasion to use it; but, it's a great contingency tool!)
    whats new about that? we all have been doing this for years.....

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Quote Originally Posted by tcascione  View Original Post
    I had a conspiracy working with a few pals. We were going to place a drape over a crate with a sign that said APOC and roll it through the show then out the back door.
    now that would have been flipping hilariuos
    but you are right not worth the adverse reaction

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast