+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hugy Fot Housing

RBW Member SlashMagurk is an unknown quantity at this point SlashMagurk's Avatar

Hugy Fot Housing

Has anyone had any experience with Hugy Fot Housings? They are a company out of Belgium and sell expensive aluminum housings. I want to get one for my 5d mkii. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

RBW Member Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman will become famous soon enough Amphibiman's Avatar

Re: Hugy Fot Housing

I own one for my Nikon D90 and love it. I use it in combination with too big ass heavy Sea and Sea YS-350 strobes. The housing is perfect, next purchase might be smaller strobes.

Anyway, I am very happy with it and would recomend. I shoot wide-angle 100% of the time and usually shoot people underwater. I have the large wide-angle port.

Two things I don't like:
    1) The ball on the top of the housing; I broke mine off shooting the Monitor. I now prefer the right-hand grip.
    2) The stock wide-angle dome cover is tricky to use underwater. I used to take it off and leave it at the surface, but now that I own a scooter again, the camera will trail behind me while traveling. It must be covered, or it will get scratched.

Robin

Jakob Selbing jaksel will become famous soon enough jaksel will become famous soon enough jaksel will become famous soon enough jaksel's Avatar
    AP Evolution+

I never owned a Hugyfot housing, but I've borrowed a D70s + Hugyfot housing shortly, and I was very impressed by the build quality.

RBW Member skiffeur is an unknown quantity at this point skiffeur's Avatar
    TRITON , MEG

I onwn one for my D200.
    i have it since 2006.

i love it.
    it can be upgrade to 150m, it small.
    if i have to choose an housing today i will take an hugyfot again

alex

+ Reply to Thread