+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 24 hour gas stations between Toronto and Key Largo

RBW Member diverchris is an unknown quantity at this point diverchris's Avatar
    Inspiration with Vision

24 hour gas stations between Toronto and Key Largo

Hello All,
    I'm planning a June trip to dive with Conch Republic Divers.
    My question to all members is about 24 hour gas stations. I've attached the route that I'll be taking. Typically I leave Toronto at 4am so getting gas is not a problem. However for this trip I will be Toronto at 10pm and really don't want to run out of gas.
    If I may get any gas stations along this route that will be open during the wee hours. Hopefully someone has these addresses saved on their GPS.
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Here is the Route from the Peace Bridge:

13. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT. 0.2 mi Map | Avoid
    14. Merge onto I-190 S/NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY toward DOWNTOWN BUFFALO/I-90/NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY. 6.7 mi Map | Avoid
    15. Merge onto I-90 W via EXIT 54-61 toward ERIE (Portions toll) (Crossing into PENNSYLVANIA). 94.4 mi Map | Avoid
    16. Merge onto I-79 S via EXIT 22A toward PITTSBURGH. 144.0 mi Map | Avoid
    17. Merge onto I-79 S via EXIT 21 toward MORGANTOWN (Crossing into WEST VIRGINIA). 136.4 mi Map | Avoid
    18. Merge onto US-19 S via EXIT 57 toward SUMMERSVILLE/BECKLEY. 67.5 mi Map | Avoid
    19. US-19 S becomes US-19 ALT S (Portions toll). 1.9 mi Map | Avoid
    20. Merge onto I-64 E/I-77 S (Portions toll). 6.9 mi Map | Avoid
    21. Keep RIGHT to take I-77 S via EXIT 40 toward BLUEFIELD (Portions toll) (Crossing into VIRGINIA). 75.5 mi Map | Avoid
    22. Merge onto I-77 S via EXIT 81 toward CHARLOTTE NC (Passing through NORTH CAROLINA, then crossing into SOUTH CAROLINA). 229.2 mi Map | Avoid
    23. Merge onto I-26 E via the exit on the LEFT toward CHARLESTON. 52.9 mi Map | Avoid
    24. Merge onto I-95 S via EXIT 169A toward SAVANNAH (Passing through GEORGIA, then crossing into FLORIDA). 452.1 mi Map | Avoid
    25. Merge onto OKEECHOBEE RD/FL-70 W via EXIT 129 toward OKEECHOBEE/FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE. 1.0 mi Map | Avoid
    26. Merge onto FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE S via the ramp on the LEFT toward MIAMI (Portions toll). 106.3 mi Map | Avoid
    27. Keep RIGHT to take FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE S/FL-821 S toward HOMESTEAD (Portions toll). 47.8 mi Map | Avoid
    28. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-1 S/S DIXIE HWY/NE 1ST AVE. Continue to follow US-1 S. 34.9 mi

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Re: 24 hour gas stations between Toronto and Key Largo

Drive until your gauge reads 3/4 full, stop at the next open station you see, wash, rince, repeat.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

I would bet there is probably about 3000 24 hour stations in that route

Quote Originally Posted by diverchris  View Original Post
    Hello All,
    My question to all members is about 24 hour gas stations. I've attached the route that I'll be taking. Typically I leave Toronto at 4am so getting gas is not a problem. However for this trip I will be Toronto at 10pm and really don't want to run out of gas.
    If I may get any gas stations along this route that will be open during the wee hours. Hopefully someone has these addresses saved on their GPS.
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris

14. Merge onto I-190 S/NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY toward DOWNTOWN BUFFALO/I-90/NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY. 6.7 mi Map | Avoid
    15. Merge onto I-90 W via EXIT 54-61 toward ERIE (Portions toll) (Crossing into PENNSYLVANIA). 94.4 mi Map | Avoid
    17. Merge onto I-79 S via EXIT 21 toward MORGANTOWN (Crossing into WEST VIRGINIA). 136.4 mi Map | Avoid
    18. Merge onto US-19 S via EXIT 57 toward SUMMERSVILLE/BECKLEY. 67.5 mi Map | Avoid
    21. Keep RIGHT to take I-77 S via EXIT 40 toward BLUEFIELD (Portions toll) (Crossing into VIRGINIA). 75.5 mi Map | Avoid
    22. Merge onto I-77 S via EXIT 81 toward CHARLOTTE NC (Passing through NORTH CAROLINA, then crossing into SOUTH CAROLINA). 229.2 mi Map | Avoid
    23. Merge onto I-26 E via the exit on the LEFT toward CHARLESTON. 52.9 mi Map | Avoid
    24. Merge onto I-95 S via EXIT 169A toward SAVANNAH (Passing through GEORGIA, then crossing into FLORIDA). 452.1 mi Map | Avoid
    25. Merge onto OKEECHOBEE RD/FL-70 W via EXIT 129 toward OKEECHOBEE/FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE. 1.0 mi Map | Avoid
    26. Merge onto FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE S via the ramp on the LEFT toward MIAMI (Portions toll). 106.3 mi Map | Avoid
    27. Keep RIGHT to take FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE S/FL-821 S toward HOMESTEAD (Portions toll). 47.8 mi Map | Avoid
    28. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-1 S/S DIXIE HWY/NE 1ST AVE. Continue to follow US-1 S. 34.9 mi

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Make sure to fill up in Miami. Once you get south of there, through Homestead and then the Road to Nowhere (the last stretch that connects the Keys to the mainland, it can get isolated. Not sure if there are 24 hour stations in that last part.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

the PILOT chain is everywhere, ive been meaning to see if they have an iphone app w/ their locations.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Banned Gear Me is an unknown quantity at this point Gear Me's Avatar

Every interstate has plenty of 24-hour gas stations along it. Every two-digit interstate does, anyway - I-90, I-79, etc. Two-digit interstates are mostly for long-distance traffic, while three-digit interstates (e.g., I-190) are typically for local traffic near cities. Florida's Turnpike, being a long toll road, also has 24-hour gas stations at regular intervals that don't require exiting and re-entering through toll booths; if you've traveled the New York Thruway, you'll be familiar with the setup. So, for most of your route, you'll have plenty of options for 24-hour gas, and you won't need to know where the stations are ahead of time.

The only potentially worrisome spots are that stretch of US-19 through bumf**k West Virginia (step 18), as well as US-1 (step 28). However, you should be able to fill 'er up immediately before those parts of the trip.

RBW Member RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati's Avatar

I would be happy to be of assistance Chris. For a small fee I can arrange these 7 items no one should be without on a diving road trip. Scroll down to photos.
    1) Towtruck- to make sure you get there without running out of gas
    2) Cop car- to make sure you don't get lost or have traffic trouble
    3) Tanker truck- because 1, 2 and 5) need gas also
    4) Helicopter- security
    5) Ambulance- in case the entourage reaches critical mass and has a pile up with it'sself on the freeway
    6) Carrier- you will need a place to stay and keep #4, economical if you think about it
    7) Floaties- I will give you my patented gear configuration and accessories for free

Quote Originally Posted by diverchris  View Original Post
    Hello All,
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Attached Images

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

Chris,

I've done the drive to Florida many times leaving from Ottawa at 5pm after work and driving all night.
    There's never a problem finding gas along the highways.

Have a good trip!
    Steve

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by RedDucati  View Original Post
    7) Floaties- I will give you my patented gear configuration and accessories for free
    Good to go for extended range diving with redundant buoyancy.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

RBW Member diverchris is an unknown quantity at this point diverchris's Avatar
    Inspiration with Vision

Thanks for the responses. My major area of concern is West Virgina and Virgina. On the Mountineer Highway I don't seem to remember there being any 24 hour gas stations. I know NY, PA, NC, SC, GA, and FL have 24 hours gas.