View Poll Results: Spherasorb Poll

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use Spherasorb on a regular basis

55 50.93%
  • No, I don´t use that stuff

27 25.00%
  • I would only consider using it if nothing else is available.

19 17.59%
  • This is medical stuff, no way I would ever use it

5 4.63%
  • I have used it in the past and had a bad experience with it, so no more Spherasorb for me.

2 1.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Spherasorb Poll

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Re: Spherasorb Poll

Go back and search some of my previous posts. There's a lengthy thread about Spherasorb I started a few years ago. loads of info, pros and cons, etc.

I, me, myself, numero uno, have used Spherasorb for years with no issues, as have many others. Some say not to use it. Read up and make your own decision.

FD

Gadget guru extrordinaire tamorgen is on a distinguished road tamorgen is on a distinguished road tamorgen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemandiver  View Original Post
    Go back and search some of my previous posts. There's a lengthy thread about Spherasorb I started a few years ago. loads of info, pros and cons, etc.

I, me, myself, numero uno, have used Spherasorb for years with no issues, as have many others. Some say not to use it. Read up and make your own decision.

FD
    Found your post. I'm just trying to verify the particular link I found, and that it's the correct product. I'm not sure if they have different grades or not.

RBW Member Divelime is an unknown quantity at this point Divelime's Avatar

Hello,

For all of you who say you are using Spherasorb on a regular basis, I'd like to highlight that Dive Grade Spherasorb is now available from Soda lime products for rebreather diving - DIVELIME - in the UK.

RBW Member superray is an unknown quantity at this point superray's Avatar
    drager ray mccr drager ray scr

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Eitel  View Original Post
    Hi

A few weeks ago I needed my buddy to survive. (52 m; 15 TTS)
    (mCCR, 2l O2 100 Bar, 5 L 1.Dil250 Bar , 2L 2.Dil 250 Bar) Stage in CAR

Starting reason has been my stupidity ( Stages in car, improper diluent switching valve, bad position of diluent valve ,octopus connected after diluent-valve, … )

After diluent flush to lower my ppO2, I run completely out of gas in my system . After 1-2 min with no gas to breath, and non working octopus, I finally got with the help of my buddy some diluent from his octopus in my system. And naturally I was hyperventilating after that exercises.

The next 20 min I went through hell, as I had an unbelievable WOB, also I was able to activate my own diluent…Without pressure of getting no air , it’s much easier to handle a valve ;-() … I stayed on hyperventilating with > 40 breath /min. Increasing strong headache.

All the deco-time I did not understand what happens, as my Rebreather was working perfect, before I made my handling-error. On the surface I expected to see some violet for CO2 absorption, but I saw something unexpected. My canister was partially filled by “sand” !!

What happened?
    Before the easy sunday dive, I filled the upper half of my canister with Spherasorb, Soda lime; leaving > 2x planned dive-time.

When I did my “gas-borrowing” I got some water in the system. I had to find that our "rescue-position" was suited to make my water traps ineffective. Means I took ca 100-200ml ( not more ) water direct in my canister. On other occasion (exercises with goon tube, etc.) wet chalk generated a bit of gurgling and a bit higher WOB. My system can take much more.

But different to Dräger or Sofnolime this dammed Sherasorb is falling apart.
    From 20 cm of chalk, well pressed, 1 cm disappeared and filled everything in form of fine sand grains. It’s a pity that I forgot to take a photo of the canister. I had to disassemble my complete RB, everything was full of sand.

Never ever I will use a chalk that is not suited for diving….
    And stages stay at home, but never in car …

Mike
    i Think you are mistaken ive used sperasornb a lot even tried to put into water no caustic and NO sand ....

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Arrow Re: Spherasorb Poll

Quote Originally Posted by RebreatherNut  View Original Post
    Hi all,
    After the interesting debate about the Sodalime from Airgas (here in the US),
    I wanted to get a feel for how many of you out there (world wide) are using Spherasorb on a regular basis?
    So, please answer the poll and feel free to post your thoughts, comments and experiences etc. on Spherasorb from Intersurgical.
    Also, I am interested to hear if anyone ever had a bad experience with Spherasorb???
    cheers,
    RBN
    Spherasorb Poll
    Yes, I use Spherasorb on a regular basis
    No, I don´t use that stuff
    I would only consider using it if nothing else is available.
    This is medical stuff, no way I would ever use it
    I have used it in the past and had a bad experience with it, so no more Spherasorb for me.

No list for me to mark.
    * I would use Spherasorb if it was available here still.
    I have used it in the past (Still got some), less dust, i got good just as good run times as other Sorbs. It would be my 1st choice of Sorb to use if Available here.

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Arrow Re: Spherasorb Poll

This Is A Old Thread

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickoz  View Original Post
    This Is A Old Thread
    Yes, it is an old thread, and in the meantime Spherasorb 408 diving grade become availalbe throught Divelime.com, so it is not available only medical grade any more.
    Last edited by Igor P; 14th January 2013 at 10:18.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4